Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

psp Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

Its a great day for 1.5 psps isn't it? Today with special thanks to Jas0nuk and his amazing patience for my barrage of questions, He lead me to the file that made devhook legal, via a special patch that was created by Mtwomg, This is Devhook 0.44 that emulates firmware version 2.7 on 1.5 psps!!! Complete with working web browser with flash support and rss!! (on 222 mhz anyway).
    This is all ready to go!

Remember special thanks goes to Booster ,For createing Devhook, Mtwomg, For Makeing it legal, And Jas0nuk, author Of the devhook umd only version patch for 0.42, Without these three people, This Program wouldnt be possible on this site!!

1. Download DevHook 0.44 from here

2. Go into the MS-Root folder in the DevHook download and copy the dh and psp folder onto the
    root of your mem-stick

3. Download pbp unpacker

4. Download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71

5. Open the update with pbp unpacker and extract all the files to wherever you want (the file needed is the data.psar)

6. Get the data.psar from the extracted update and put that onto the root of your mem-stick

7. On the psp choose devhook installer and start that, then when you are in the eboot start the installer, at the end if you want to copy your flash1 read what is says on the screen, which should be something like "press O to copy flash1 registry files"

8. Download the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump from somewhere I have a link but cannot provide it (the reboot.bin will be what is needed from the decrypted dump)

8.5. (Only if you're setting up 2.71). Copy ms0:\dh\260\flash1 to ms0:\dh\271\.

9. Now from the decrypted 2.60/2.71 you downloaded you will need the reboot.bin, copy the reboot.bin into ms0:\dh\260\flash0 (or ms0:\dh\271\flash0 for 2.71) and also copy it into ms0:\dh\kd and replace the one that is currently in there

Mini Guide courtesy of chriscooke109

Download and Give feedback Via comments

Just so as you all understand, this means that every single PSP Game released should now be playable on Firmware v1.5 Consoles, an awesome day for homebrewers and a great way to legally play your UMDs Games on older firmware.

omg, that fast, im amazed for the progress is making

woohoo 2.7 i dont even know anything about it but now i can try it

This is a major leap in homebrew, and people said it wasnt possible!

i think i may try this. im on 2.6. not to sure about downgrading agian though. i almost want to wait till the new exploit gives us kernal. the only reason i want it is so i can spead up my emus. i liek the idea of the umd only, iso's will only make this a handheld dreamcast.

DCEmu Rookie

i want to know how sony will respond to us 1.5 users being able to play all umd games without upgrading

i tryed to downgrade my psp but it wont work WORST PART IS i know im doing it right i did it for my friend tom and it worked and my psp umd drive says its a compatable version ??!! wish i could try this out...

DCEmu Newbie

Whoa, this just freezes all the time
    And my family hasn't showed up yet :/

DCEmu Newbie

OMG this is awesome i didnt think it would be so possible to achieve this!!! if id known devhook could make it so i could play games on my 1.5 psp i wouldnt have like gotten a second like psp.. kinda... its kinda in a bad order of what psps i got first but still this is pretty sweet good job guys this is like the best app i dont really need!! lol sorry!

DCEmu Newbie

[QUOTE=jamiecruickshank]Try Using this,
    link removed

Spank you, I'm downloading it now.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information