I, not being an artist, am content to ride Boston's subway system quietly, eyes down, in a general malaise. It's a New England thing. French artist Hubert de Lartigue, on the other hand, uses his subway time to imagine X-Wings.
X-Wings from paper metro tickets, to be precise. de Lartique assembles them using nothing but a scalpel and a folding tool—no glue—and they're pretty sharp.
"I'm very proud of how it turned out and I feel like I am the author of a little masterpiece. I got to the point where I asked myself whether the Parisian metro tickets hadn't actually been designed to enable me to one day use it as a canvas for this ‘work.' Their proportions and even the patterns and drawings on them take part in the whole of the work. I'm not kidding, I find that there is a great underlying mystery here…"
So what say you, Parisian metro officials? Who amongst you is the closet Star Wars freak that designed an entire city's subways passes after a marathon Star Wars viewing session?
Step-by-step instructions for creating your own fleet of Empire-defying papercraft X-Wings ca be found here. Naturally, living in Paris will help immensely. [Hubert de Lartigue via Neatorama]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...