LucasArts and TT Games continue to tear apart the Star Wars universe and rebuild it brick-by-brick with LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
I am continually amazed by the success of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a stylized cartoon version of the events that take place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. I know how it's going to end, you see, and all of these colorful new characters will be forgotten by the third movie. Still, it doesn't stop me from watching, and it doesn't stop LucasArts and Traveller's Tales from pumping out a LEGO game based on the series for fans to purchase and enjoy.
The Clone Wars will span both seasons of the animated series, with all of the characters from the show represented in LEGO form, along with some fan-favorites from the saga that haven't appeared in the series. The game will feature an upgraded level builder, new head-to-head combat moves, and new abilities for players to fool around with.
"LucasArts continues to set the bar for next-generation family entertainment," said Darrell Rodriguez, president of LucasArts. "The LEGO Star Wars franchise is a massive hit with fans, bringing in sales of over 20 million units worldwide. We're thrilled to extend this experience to LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, delivering the humor and fun players expect from this award winning franchise."
I love the humor and fun of the series, so that's good. I also love the animated look of the cartoon, which could be a problem. It's one thing to make live-action characters into LEGOs, but Star Wars: The Clone Wars already features stylized characters. Wouldn't putting them in LEGO form steal some of their charm?
We'll see come this fall, when LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars comes out on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC, DS, and PSP.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...