The point has grown cliche by now, but it's true. Every week your submissions to Shooting Challenges blow me away. And your polar panoramas just upped that ante on every challenge to come.
Honorable Mention (non-original photography)

Subject: Denali, Alaska
Built from 9 photos
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 18mm (27mm /35mm equiv.)
Aperture: ƒ/8
Shutter Speed: 1/250
As you can obviously tell by climate, I broke rule 2 because I'm a college student and don't have time to go out and take photos, but I did want to test my hand at the challenge!
-Isaac Chambers
Second Runner Up

Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-W50
F-stop: f/5
Exposure time: 1/200 sec.
ISO Speed: ISO-80
Focal length: 16mm
Flash: None
I leave my office right around sunset everyday and park on the top of a garage in the middle of downtown Charleston, SC. I saw a particularly nice sunset and pulled out my basic point and shoot (Sony Cybershot DSC-W50) and took a series of 5 pictures to stitch into a panoramic. After creating the Polar Panorama, I merely adjusted the brightness so that the buildings would show more detail.
-David Crosby
First Runner Up

I shot these with a Nikon D60, 18-55mm kit lens. This was seven 20-second exposures at f5 of the quad at Oklahoma City University.
-Robert Rickner
Winner

Camera: Nikon D5000
Lens: Tamron 28-135
ISO: 500
Exposure: 1/250
I had gone out shooting trying to emulate the look of old contrasty but yet washed out photos of boats I had seen all over the harbor and its various shops and thought it would make an interesting juxtaposition using a new technique with an old look. Taken in the Ballard Harbor.
-Tyler Yates
This was the hardest week to judge yet, and I don't know that anyone can really "win" at art. (So as always, praise our intrepid photographers in the comments.)

Also, for those of you saying "I wish this was in a wallpaper," just go here: [Gizmodo Flickr]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...