Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream Coding Grand Prix Childrens/Learning Game Results

Wraggster

Default Dream Coding Grand Prix Childrens/Learning Game Results

First off my apologys for the lateness of this annoucementof who has won this competition.[br][br]If you remember the competition was to create a Dreamcast or GP32 game that is for Children and has Learning values.[br][br]The competition called Dream Coding Grand Prix is the first joint GP32 and Dreamcast scene coding competition and sponsored by Lik Sang, all the entrys for both competitions can be found Here.[br][br]Because of the lateness of the time between the finish of the competition and any judging being done i had to call in a very special guest judge, that judge being my daughter Katie Wragg a 12 year old and perfect to judge a Child/Learning comp from a different point of view to my own, so heres the full judging with comments.[br][br]Play With The Band (GP32 Entry)[br][br]The game play with the band is a good game, I especially favor the animations it is a very creative game and anyone who has a passion for music is sure to love it! It could be improved by maybe a few instructions. The game enables very good varietys of instruments and songs. The game also includes a chance to compose a song which is my favourite bit of the game enabling me to let my imagination run wild. The maker has done a very good job on making the game and I look forward to any new games the maker designs.[br][br]Vocabumonkey[br][br]The game vocabumonkey is a good educatinal game which is certain to teach youngsters thier spellings. My favourite thing was the animation and im sure other people will love the animations as I do. To improve this game and make it even better thier could be some sound,this is a good way to improve spelling and a lot of effort has been put into the making of the game and it is a success![br][br]Popacap[br][br]The game popacap is a very enjoyable way to learn your english and much more! My favourite was the use of the gun, I also enjoyed the music in the background im sure people will enjoy it a lot, even down to the thrill of holding the gun! To improve this game I would sugest some animation, the designer has put a lot of great ideas together to make this such a thrilling game. I am looking forward to any further games the designer may make, overall this game was a success. [br][br]Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 Results[br][br]Im pleased to announce that the winner of the competion is Popacap I would like to congratulate them on the making of thier splendid game! In 2nd place is Play with the Band,and in 3rd is Vocabumonkey.[br][br]So there you have it the winner of the first Dream Coding Grand Prix is [br][br]1st place: Popacap by Toastman[br]2nd place: Play With the Band by falken80[br]3rd place: Vocabumonkey by GPF[br][br]I would like to say thanks to Lik Sang for sponsoring this first joint Dreamcast and Gamepark 32 contest in conjunction with DCEmu UK and GP32 Xtreme.[br][br]I would like the winners to pm me with your names and addresses so i can forward them to Lik Sang.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Dream Coding Grand Prix Childrens/Learning Gam

thanks to this great contest !!!!

thanks a lot !

Congratulations to all participants ;D
    Also the kids win, and they will benefit from playing these games.

Wow. I am pleased and surprised. After seeing both "Play with the Band" and "Vocabumonkey", I knew PopACap wouldn't be a shoe-in. (And I am glad that there were other participants as well.) I would like to thank (in no particular order): Lik-Sang, the sponser; DCEmu.co.uk and GP32 Extreme, the hosts; falken80 and Troy Davis (GPF), the participants; and Katie Wragg, the special guest judge.
    I don't know what else to say, thank you everyone. I am just so hyped up right now, after all the tension and buildup.

Congrats, Toast, falken80, and Troy!

Blog Entries

sorry for the delay, Max and Hando must both be very busy and id like to say i enjoyed all the games.

Future Competitions will have me or Lyon has judges

My daughter Katie really enjoyed the chance for a bit of a spotlight

Very cool. Now we just need a port of Play With The Band for the DC. ;D

I still haven't had a chance to play any of these games, but I am very much looking forward to it.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Blog Entries

vocabumonkey is great for younsters and youu love popacap which is great for kids up to the age of 14, the gun bit is a cool part of that game. Makes learning fun.

Congrats and thanks to all involved with this competition, you're never too old to play a fun game (even if it was created for the younger generation ).

DCEmu Pro

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=DCGP2004;num=1108160226;start=0#0 date=02/11/05 23:17:06]teach youngsters thier spellings. [/quote]

Please tell me that was deliberate wraggs :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information