Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 proof of concept Unflasher,

psp 1.5 proof of concept Unflasher,

I found this on one of my regular visits to irc,
    Inside the readme is no Address to a source page.
    But this is the proof of concept (unflasher) By a Coder known as Slasher, I cant be certian if this is our slasher we have at Dcemu or an unrelated slasher. But none the less. I must warn you. As with all apps that flash your psp firmware you run the risk of bricking your psp by useing this!!!
    Here is what the readme had to say..

This program is meant to 'Unflash' your POC Firmware recently released by DarK_AleX.

Just simply run the program, and it will undo any changes that the POC firmware did.

This software is a use at your own risk program. Writing to the flash is always dangerous, and although this program has been tested and confirmed working, the author takes no responsibility if you happen to brick your psp. Use at your own risk!

- Slasher

Well thats all there is to say about this, Again Though, Remember by downloading and useing this app you run the risk of bricking your psp!!

Download and Use this At your very own Risk, Leave feedback Via Comments Below

Nah I'll stick to my custom firmware, no reason to go back.

ok now wre talking i just used the custom fw mod released ealier and it went great no probs and i kinda reflashed it again bc i made a mistak and forgot to diable the sce logo and in doing this it messed it all up now the 1.00 eboots that i used after doing it the first time that worked didnt work any more so i might give this a try an get back to you but im really goona think this through first so if i do wish me luck lmao

EDIT: ok whats the flash recovery folders and the elf file for do i need thos on the memory stick to or just the pocunflasher folders

just like what Uruz 6 said, theres no reason to go back to sony firmware now...

yeh the custom fw kicks @$$, no more sony logo and DH runs on start up, freakin sweeeeet

to put it quite simply..yup yup oh and btw where can i get this custom fw? i haven't been keeping up recently...

Exclamation Serious Concern about Flashing

::RUMOR ALERT!::

OK everyone, its obvious that custom firmware is definitely a huge breakthrough with almost endless possibilities. However I remember reading on these forums a while back that the PSP has an alleged FLASH LIMIT. Something like 1000 times.

This limit was suggested to be a security measure by SONY. And they probably figured there would never bee 1000 different firmware updates. This REALLY sounds like one of those "myths" that go around.

Does anyone know of the likelyhood of such a limitation? Because if custom firmwares are constantly released or you are constantly flashing the PSP to add/edit/remove/modify features, a limit could become a problem.

I myself am skeptical but it would be nice to know for certain. If anyone knows more about this, please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

yea but 1000 times would neva be reached so that's another mistake sony probably made...they'll shoot themselves in the foot probably updating the firmware 1000 times coz we keep kicking there security up the arse

i was just thinking about this before
    but i doubt anyone would flash over 1000 times ive done about 20

-!-
    /\

Quote Originally Posted by mesosade
    to put it quite simply..yup yup oh and btw where can i get this custom fw? i haven't been keeping up recently...
    here u go http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29155

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information