Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

DCEmu Regular

also the test movie ran perfectly, sound and picture but cant play any of my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiga
    also the test movie ran perfectly, sound and picture but cant play any of my own stuff.

It is said in the documentation that AVC encoding is still very buggy. If your using it by setting

use_avc_hw = 1

in the pmp.ini Jocky says to make sure to play a few seconds of the "avc-enable.avi". I found this needs to be done before you play each video or if you stop and restart a video.

The buggy problems I noted using AVC was

1) The screen size would change on it's own here and there, I guess as the demuxer was try to encode to the proper size 480x272 from what I have it set to originally?

2) Intermittent video freeze up. I could still exit the program using Home, most of the time.

3) Too many files in one directory appear to cause the PSP to blue screen crash? (not sure if this is fact yet or not)

I'm going to play later with using a different rendering method over AVC and see how it goes.

Anyone having issues just getting installed, this program is not "confusing crap" as noted above, just follow the directions for installation under section 3 of the "README-PMPVLC Player.txt". It's just as easy to use as PiMP Streamer.

When you edit the pmp.ini file, best to open in Wordpad or something for the Unix text conversion (basically CRLF's between the two are usually off cause Windows sucks :P ).

1) Set the VLC, PMP, and Live server to the proper IP address on your network that's hosting those items. For me it's my main rig for VLC and PMP but my other system for Live as it has my TV card.

2) Then set the videopath and musicpath 1 through 5 to your folders which contain video/music on your PC. So for instance change "d:\Movies\;" to "c:\MEDIA\MOVIES\;" Just make sure to leave the ending backslash and semi-colon.

3) If you change from the default AVC encoding, well I have no info yet as I have not done it. Looks pretty easy though. Change

use_avc_hw = 1

to

use_avc_hw = 0

I assume. I don't think you have to pick a different video codec? Not sure here, but he gives recommended settings about halfway through the readme.

I recommend these settings as they are most stable and deliver reasonable good quality:

res_horiz = 360;
    res_vert = 272;
    vid_codec = DIV3;
    vid_bitrate = 600;
    vid_fps = 25;
    aud_codec = mp3;
    aud_bitrate = 48;
    aud_channels = 2;
    container = ogg;
    I plan to start with these and work my way around a little.

DCEmu Regular

ive tried with "use_avc_hw = 0" and it did run my movies but too slow to be watchable.

I tried with the recommended settings above and the movie starting up was slow, but once it started playing it seemed to be working fine. I admit I did not have a ton of time this morning. also it seemed to depend as well on which movies. I usually take my DVDs and encode them to MPG-2 using DVD2SVCD at 720x480 at a bitrate of 1950 so then I can watch over my two media computers at different locations in the house. However I do have a few movies that someone else encoded in SVCD format and they seem to either play with a bunch of skipping or freeze up completely.

I'll test more when I can. Good program so far very fun.

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone tried this with an input device like a tv tuner or analogue in? I will do so in a while, but just wondered what others milage was...

DCEmu Newbie

The developer thought he knew the cause of my crashes.. He has since released an update and sure enough, it now works perfectly for me.

Watched an entire "Finding Nemo" DVD at 480x272 without a hitch.

DCEmu Regular

How do you do this....Im totally lost during steps 3-4.

turn avc off in pmp.ini dude!!! use use_avc_hw = 0; anyways i find this very sluggish at the time being pimpstreamer streams alot better. but then again it only plays pmp... so pleez keep up the good work and try make the streaming better, cuz its impossible to really watch anything for me right now, and yeah sometimes it dosent work at all

DCEmu Newbie

paste this into ini replacing the original
    change relevant ip's
    the top 2 ip's 192.xx and right at the bottom 192.xx

# Net Io Config
    [net]
    con = 1;
    vlc_server = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
    vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
    pmp_port = 3333;

debug = 0;

videopath1 = c:\Movies\;
    videopath2 = ;
    videopath3 = ;
    videopath4 = ;
    videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = c:\Music\;
    musicpath2 = ;
    musicpath3 = ;
    musicpath4 = ;
    musicpath5 = ;

dvd_drive = e:

# VLC transcoding settings
    [transcode]
    res_horiz = 360;
    res_vert = 272;
    use_avc_hw = 0;
    vid_codec = DIV3;
    vid_bitrate = 600;
    vid_fps = 25;
    venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

aud_codec = mp3;
    aud_bitrate = 48;
    aud_channels = 2;
    resample = 0;
    aud_samplerate = 44100;

container = ogg;

# live stream server
    [live]
    liveserver = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
    liveport = 1234;

then in vlc on pc click stream optput and in target at top paste

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=400,width=360,heig ht=272,fps=18,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:duplica te{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.xxx.xxx.xxx :1234}}

change the end 192.xxx again

to find your ip click start then run then type cmd.exe in the dos window type ipconfig...replace the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx with your own

then watch anything you want..dvd's avi's etc even stream live tv

DCEmu Newbie

Hey ive managed to stream from tvuplayer. Thats really neat, but could someone tell me how to stream a dvd to psp? I cant get it to work. I would be so glad if anyone could help...
    Edit: The guide in the post above doesnt work...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information