Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Blog Entries

psp PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

jockyw2001 posted this news/release for the PSP.

First off what is the VLC PLayer:

PMP VLC Player plays mediafiles:

A) from memorystick
    * Videos from PSP/VIDEO
    * Music from PSP/MUSIC

B) from Optixx' PMP Server via WiFi (requires Python)

C) transcoded and streamed from VLC via WiFi (requires VLC 0.8.5)

Heres the new release info:

This one has AVC hardware video decoding support. Now you can see live TV and DVDs on your psp in high quality. That's 25 frames per second and in full screen (480x272).

ChangeLog

1) added AVC hardware video decoding support for high quality streaming and playback from memstick (requires the also supplied VLC 0.8.5 with x264 support for PSP)
    2) scaling does now work correctly (pressing start during playback toggles screen mode if picture resolution < 480x272)
    3) pressing right trigger in main menu now really connects to network and the IP address is shown
    4) up to 5 video and 5 music directories can be added in pmp.ini
    5) network path no longer displayed in filenames, except for the selected entry
    6) the supplied VLC 0.8.5 package automatically installs the required pspfiles.html file
    7) solved several vlc and net directory buffer issues where there was crap at the end of the listing
    8) the supplied VLC 0.8.5 can be used to encode video files, DVDs, live streams, capture device sources etc. to AVC avi files
    9) fixed a bug where the previous track in the playlist was played again

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

OMG THIS IS GREAT VLC ON PSP, vlc is pure 1337 for those n00bs who use windows media player

DCEmu Newbie

I'm buggered if I can get this to work. I followed the install instructions to the letter.

Installed VLC using VLC package in archive.

Copied the 2 PSP directories into PSP/GAME

Created PSP/VIDEO and put the supplied AVI in that directory

Modified pimp.ini for my PC IP and PC directories

Fire up VLC on PC.

Fire up VLC009 on PSP. Enable WiFi.

When I select Video from the menu on the PSP it just hangs on the menu, so I can't run the AVI that the readme suggests to do first. I have put the AVI file on the ms into PSP/VIDEO and made sure my PC video directory has a video in as well, but no go.

If I select Music then I typically get a PSP blue screen crash with a Bus Error exception.

If I try the DVD option, the DVD starts playing on my PC (So I know the WiFi is working), but after a pause with "loading..." on the PSP, it finally errors with some decoding error, but I do hear the start of the soundtrack. The PSP controls also seem to still operate VLC on the PC just fine even though I have an error screen on the PSP displaying "AVC error: sceMpegAVCDecode failed"

In desperation I booted my PSP into 2.71 using devhook, fired up the browser and entered http://192.168.1.5:8080/admin/pspfil...ir=c:/mystuff/ and got the expected directory listing from VLC running on my PC, so they communicate fine.

I'm running FW 1.5

Have other people got this working? Can someone please help

EDIT: Well, after playing around with this for quite some time and changing NOTHING, it is now working .. Seems a bit flakey, but I have to say "Finding Nemo" looks fantastic playing on the PSP... w00t

EDIT2: Seen this work once on my PSP and now it just won't work again. I need to play the ENABLE-AVC.AVI from memory stick before the DVD picture will show (sound plays fine), but I have only ever once been able to select "Video" from then menu without having the PSP either hang or CRASH. I have no idea what exactly is wrong here either as it worked once. Any help/advice appreciated, because this thing is GREAT when you see it working

DCEmu Regular

vlc.exe are they talking about the one in the zip or what?

Add this to the long list of nice
    Homebrew i cant get working.

nigelrigel, you make being a noob
    and useing MPC a bad thing .i
    hate VLC. i think only stupid ppl
    use it .

this is such confusing crap you guys should just download pimpstreamer

DCEmu Newbie

reads vids straight from psp/video? does this mean we do not need to encode them to a specific format

DCEmu Newbie

im lost

DCEmu Regular

lol,Bazzel ive done everything u done but i can access music and video files u have to eidt the pmp ini file on ya psp and change the directories of the music and video ,i changed them to directories on my pc,i can play music but cant play movies or dvd or tv stream without it comming out with "AVC error: sceMpegAVCDecode failed"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information