Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Sues Fake Memory Stick Makers and Sellers

Blog Entries

psp Sony Sues Fake Memory Stick Makers and Sellers

News from I4U

The problem of fake memory sticks has been already around for a while. Now Sony started to act and is suing several companies in Japan for selling fake memory sticks online.

Fake memory sticks are also offered on eBay in the United States. So beware, when purchasing low priced sticks. The differences are hard to tell. There are not only fake Sony branded sticks, but also fake Sandisk memory sticks out there.

The fake Memory Sticks are mostly made in China and Taiwan. The pirated copies are usually priced half.

DCEmu Newbie

Do they work? cuz i bought a 2 gig for like 30 dollers when they first came out from china and it works fine.

hmm wow sony is finally the sue-er and not the sue-ie

DCEmu Newbie

I bought a 1gb Sony pro duo from ebay back in April I think it was, I got it by sniper for about £20 inc P&P.

The packing had holograms etc on it so I though nothing of it.

2 days later I stick it in my card reader & it melts the end of it. At the time I was working for GAME, and we had them in stock for like £100 still, but even though the end looks like a boxers ear it still works fine!!!!

So im all in favour of the fakes, as I think the offical ones prices take the piss.

Saying that I just bough a 2gb sandisk one from PLAY, but that was only £60

I have a fake Sony 2 gb, it works great. I think if the prices in stores weren't so ridiculus, people wouldn't buy the fake ones.

I got a 2gb one off of ebay for 60 US dollars, and you know what? It has abit more capacity then the real one(I've tested it by filling up the entire card to 0mb free space) and every file works without corruption. I'll be damned to buy a 200 dollar(back then :P ) 'real' one

How do you tell if the memory sticks are fake ?

oh crap, are u serious..lol i just bought a 2 gb on ebay like a week ago. still waiting for it to come herebecause i ordered it from hong kong..and i live in oklahoma but it cost me $60 US..lol hope its real.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Man
    How do you tell if the memory sticks are fake ?
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/Real-V-S-Fa...g/49/aid/18198

Quote Originally Posted by penileartery
    oh crap, are u serious..lol i just bought a 2 gb on ebay like a week ago. still waiting for it to come herebecause i ordered it from hong kong..and i live in oklahoma but it cost me $60 US..lol hope its real.lol
    Its fake, trust me, especially since its from the piracy capital of the world :P I got mine from New York so even its location is not enough to guarentee an official MS

this is why i dont use ebay becuz i dont want fake a** shiz and id rather have the real deal holyfield not sum fake that would break the fake are made really cheap and anyone who supports these needs to stop becuz its really no differnt then having an {i dare not say this word for i want to keep my membership on this site} and in buying these you are supporting piracy tho some dont kno they have fake and didnt kno they were buying a fake so id never buy one from ebay id rather go to an actual store so i can look at what im buying right off the rack tho spending a lil more money but thats the price im willing to pay to make sure my mem stisk is real

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information