While Samsung is desparate for us and the world to focus on its very first Bada device -- the Wave S8500 -- we found something a bit more interesting for Google fans. Tucked away in the depths of a spec sheet is Samsung's unannouned I8520 phone running Android 2.1. After quizzing a team of perplexed executives of increasing rank, a VP from Samsung's mobile division finally told us that it'll be revealed as the "Halo" tomorrow when the show floor opens. Looking at the spec sheet then, the I8520 Halo packs a 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (bigger than the Wave's 3.3-incher), 8 megapixel autofocus camera with flash (VGA on the front), 720p/30fps video encoding/decoding, DivX and Xvid playback support, Bluetooth 2.1, standard 3.5-mm headphone jack, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, A-GPS, 16GB of internal storage and microSD expansion, stereo speakers, and DLNA support. The spec-sheet also lists a "Specialized Projector UI" as one of the features although it's looking like TouchWiz / Bada to us. This quad-band GSM/EDGE phone with tri-band UMTS 900/1900/2100 will ship in Q3 to Europe and Asia with a chance for a US version at some point later. We'll bring you more tomrrow just as soon as we get through all this paella.Samsung I8520 'Halo' Android 2.1 phone with 3.7-inch Super AMOLED originally appeared on Engadget on Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:19:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Samsung | Email this | Comments

More...