Thread: Lumines II track listing

Blog Entries

psp Lumines II track listing

News from Eurogamer

Buena Vista Games and Q Entertainment have announced the track-listing for PSP puzzler Lumines II - and it's a bit different to the original's, to say the least.

As designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi said during the Develop Conference last week, there are some big, recognisable names on there - although all have "just the right tone, mix and energy to incorporate into the game," he reckons.

The original game featured music from popular Japanese group Mondo Grosso, but Lumines II's listing will be a lot more familiar to westerners, with Beck, Gwen Stefani, New Order and the excellent Go! Team jostling with the likes of Fatboy Slim and Mizuguchi fave the Chemical Brothers.

The western flavour of the new puzzler, which is due out in November in the USA, is also reflected in the Microsoft/Q Entertainment Lumines Live collaboration, which debuted at E3 with a Madonna song in the background.

It won't all be western tunes though - BVG notes that Mondo Grosso - Japanese artist Shinichi Osawa - will return with exclusive tunes, while tracks from Ken Ishii (DJ/producer) and TECHRIDERS, both from Japan, also appear on the soundtrack.

Lumines II, which builds on the block-manoeuvring puzzle play of the original handheld title, includes more than 60 skins, wireless two-player ad hoc gameplay, new battle modes, 3D backgrounds and streaming video.

The full listing of songs announced today follows. (Starred entries will also have music videos in the game - the others are TBC.)

Beck - Black Tambourine *
    Black Eyed Peas - Pump It *
    Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar *
    Fatboy Slim - Gangster Trippin' *
    The Go! Team - Bottle Rocket *
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl *
    Hoobastank - Born to Lead *
    Junior Senior - Take My Time *
    Junkie XL - Breezer
    Ken Ishii - TBA
    Missy Elliot - Lose Control *
    Mondo Grosso - various, exclusive to game
    New Order - TBD *
    Stigmato Inc - Reality Check
    TECHRIDERS - TBA

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Beck - Black Tambourine *
    Black Eyed Peas - Pump It *
    Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar *
    Fatboy Slim - Gangster Trippin' *
    The Go! Team - Bottle Rocket *
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl *
    Hoobastank - Born to Lead *
    Junior Senior - Take My Time *
    Junkie XL - Breezer
    Ken Ishii - TBA
    Missy Elliot - Lose Control *
    Mondo Grosso - various, exclusive to game
    New Order - TBD *
    Stigmato Inc - Reality Check
    TECHRIDERS - TBA
    So W(ho)TF are these People?!? I think the olny thing that may ring a Bell is Beck, AND HE SUCKED!!
    Sorry If it ain't Zeppelin it ain't happening!

DCEmu Regular

Wow... thats just awful.

DCEmu Rookie

Lets just say that this Game will not be finding it's way onto my 'Wishlist'! I'm sure the Kids' will like it though. Personaly I think those 'Kids' should visit: http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com too!

But hay that's just a 32-Year-Olds' Opinion. I mean WTF do I know about these so-called overproduced, overhyped and nontalented Artists? If they can hold a Tune then there Golden BTW: Here's your Rapsheet!

For peats sake doesn't anyone (Perhaps other then Beck), write there own Crap anymore?!

Unhappy no

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe
    Lets just say that this Game will not be finding it's way onto my 'Wishlist'! I'm sure the Kids' will like it though. Personaly I think those 'Kids' should visit: http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com too!

But hay that's just a 32-Year-Olds' Opinion. I mean WTF do I know about these so-called overproduced, overhyped and nontalented Artists? If they can hold a Tune then there Golden BTW: Here's your Rapsheet!

For peats sake doesn't anyone (Perhaps other then Beck), write there own Crap anymore?!
    no one has wrote their own music since 2-pac and biggie died, when they died all originality with everyone died its a fact, i miss them

Quote Originally Posted by emuking
    no one has wrote their own music since 2-pac and biggie died, when they died all originality with everyone died its a fact, i miss them
    Off topic music critique but those guys /\ /\ just sampled other peoples music anyway!

The track listing looks pretty good to me (a bit POP for my tastes but it should suit the game)

Thread Information