Because, well, people keep asking Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase about it. And since he's a polite guy, he keeps answering those questions. Aw, that's nice of him!
"I don't get tired of people asking that question," Kitase told Game Trailers, "so I will continue to answer my thoughts at that time as long as people keep asking."
That question is whether or not Square Enix will do a remake of PlayStation 1 role-playing game Final Fantasy VII. Kitase helmed the title as the director of FFVII.
Recently, Square Enix designer and FFVII artist Tetsuya Nomura said he didn't believe that a FFVII remake would happen "for the time being". In an interview with Ultimania magazine, Kitase said this about a FFVII remake, "It is very hard to make games on PlayStation 3 in the same style as the games in that era had. Making graphics will take enormous time."
Though, Kitase was sounding far more upbeat in his recent interview with Game Trailers. "For Final Fantasy VII of course it was released for the PSOne," he said. "The animation was a lot more simple and there was no voice acting involved at all.
"So as the hardware develops there's so much more that can be done for the game. Visual capabilities are up. The quality is so high right now. So in a sense I'm really interested to see this more complete form of a Final Fantasy VII portrayed more realistically with the voice and animation and all the subtle expressions there."
Kitase added that he would be interested to see a more complete form of FFVII and to create that "would be a great experience", echoing what he previously told VideoGamer.com: "Yes. I would like to work on it [FFVII] one day. Some day!"
In 2006, Square Enix released a "technical demo" depicting Final Fantasy VII as it would look in the PlayStation 3. The game was originally released on the PlayStation 1 in 1997.
If Square Enix ever makes a Final Fantasy VII, people will need to think of a new question to pester Kitase with!
">History of Final Fantasy [GameTrailers via VideoGamer] [Pic]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...