Thread: Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - US PSP Edition, plus Valkyrie Fighting Fan Games

Blog Entries

psp Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - US PSP Edition, plus Valkyrie Fighting Fan Games

News from LIK SANG

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - PSP

As Square Enix work towards releasing the US version of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria on the PS2 this Sep 26th, they've also been busy bees porting the incredible 2000 original from the PSOne to the PSP. Based on Norse mythology, you play Lenneth Valkyrie who collects the souls of those who die tragic deaths, then converts them into powerful soldiers ready for a final apocalyptic battle between the Ęsir and Vanir, Ragnarok. Taking you back to the good old days, dungeons play out as 2D side scrolling affairs with non-random turn based fight scenes and a whole lot of magic. The fantastic fighting system was one of the reasons this game achieved such a cult following in the first place, and thankfully still holds up brilliantly today.

There's 24 playable characters to be found, and as you progress through the adventure your strength builds up to a truly incredible amount, where later in the game you'll be dishing out damage points in the millions! The game has been re-designed to take full advantage of the PSP's 16:9 widescreen, and replacing the original static cut scenes are completely animated FMV sequences. Several brand new scenes also help tie this and upcoming prequel together. With the US release arriving this week, and all PSP games being region free, everyone the world over can now experience the gripping storyline that first captivated players six years ago.

its looks to me the psp is dying. oh wait another kick ass game that smokes anything on the ds. i just dont get all the haters the psp has great games and it gets better every week.

Quite possibly the best PSP game available.
    Later,

TSR

Right, another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2psp
    its looks to me the psp is dying. oh wait another kick ass game that smokes anything on the ds. i just dont get all the haters the psp has great games and it gets better every week.
    I just wish there were a few more good games...

This looks very promising though..

I will get this one for sure, Motoi Sakurabas music is so friggin great. But I can“t imagine that it will be better that Golden Sun for GBA.

By the way, I think the PSP is definitly getting better these days. Tekken (they should also do Soul Blade), Syphon Filter, Splinter Cell, SOCOM, Metal Gear Acid 2, and now Valkyrie Profile. We still lack a good survival horror though, such as Project Zero or Resident Evil.

You can't possibly compare Golden Sun (wasn't bad though) and Valkyrie Profile.
    Valkyrie Profile is far superior!!

Just got this and bless DevHook it works on 1.50 PSP's. Finally, Square-Enix delivers for the PSP. And this is easily the BEST RPG to date on the PSP.

Also, Blade Dancer was released and that is a pretty good RPG as well. RPG's + PSP = ME HAPPY!!!

Thread Information