The DS 2 (not to be confused with the XL, which only ate a super mushroom), is reportedly alive and kicking, with developers now testing the motion-sensing console—but it won't be ready in time for GDC in March.
CVG spoke to a developer at one of the studios that's been lucky enough to receive the early prototype, and apparently it's already making waves there:
"It's genuinely the best thing I think I've ever worked with, I can tell you that it's got a 'tilt' function that's not dissimilar to iPhone, but does a lot more. We know that The Pokemon Company are getting special attention with it."
The Pokemon Company is a a division of Nintendo that handles marketing and licensing for Pokemon games—suggesting one of the launch titles that will take advantage of the HD screen and motion-sensing console will be a continuation of the Pokemon saga. It's been a while since I've checked in with Ash and Pikachu, but I'll definitely give it another spin if it's got some cool iPhone-like tilt control when battling. [CVG]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...