Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus R6 Released - Nintendo64 Emulator for the PSP

i hope that in the future this build will become a heck of a lot better i would suggest to try to get the sound thrown in there for one big reason-you can get a sense of how the emulator will react once you do throw sound in there and how bad the frame rate will come out because lets say you work on speed then work on sound you may have to recompile the whole thing. You are however, doing the impossible. Good luck and take your time my friend. Great release! (if you get this working I will NEVER upgrade either one of my 1.50 psp's!)

Nice to see the C-Buttons finally made it in! The camera on Mario 64 was driving me nuts before :P. But I think the major focus for R7 should be speed. I'd love to be able to play a small fraction of the N64 roms out there at near full speed (between 20-30fps in all areas) in the near future than wait for months (possibly years) until the emulator's compatible with all roms and THEN runs at full speed.
    But great job on R6! Keep it up.

mario runs smoother yay

Just to give you an idea of how influential this project is, I did some research here at dcemu to see which news thread was the most popular-

reigning in at number 1, with over 60,000 views, nearly 18,000 more views than the second most, the number 1 most viewed thread is...

daedalus.

bottom line, this emu is the most wanted and hunted emu for the psp.

amazing work strmnnrmn.. you should be knighted by the shadowprophet and king wraggy.

keep up the hustle and grind. tinker tinker my friend, tinker tinker. there will be more versions and there will be more breakthroughs. Do not stop until all is fully emulated at full speed, full sound, full emu.

Let it do wut it do baby!!

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah man U'r great !
    Everybody related to PSP homebrew talks about you !
    I do hope you'll concentrate on significal speed increase in R7.

Lot's of love and respect to Strmnnrmn !

DCEmu Newbie

great work strmnnrmn. i too would like to suggest speed improvements for the R7 release at least with mario 64

hey thank you and the best is the speed

I wrote this song a long long time ago

2pac rest in peace

he will

lol

Tried Rush 2 again, didn't freeze. I got between 5 to 7fps depending on if Tesselate Large Tris is on or off.

Doesn't look too bad. I hope you guys don't mind the screenshots..?

DCEmu Newbie

Does it work good? cuz i'm trying it now

DCEmu Pro

Its fantastic and yes there is a improvement on Mario, Reasons for this is because the daedalus uses mario as a template I think, just to tell everybody I tried resident evil 2 haha and I think you can guess the result for that rom, I doubt it will ever work because of its size, either way another great release of this fine emulator and closer to a fine homebrew emulator. Forget the PSX emulator and the xbox 360 emulator (Yeh im taking the mickey lol) this is the future for homebrew gamers

QUICK EDIT:-

Something I discovered on Mario 64, Jump into the stream of water outside of Peaches castle and get out where the current stops you, walk to the trees nearby where you get out and the speed is incredible there almost proper speed, as soon as you leave that area though the speed decreases again Just thought Id tell you all anyway

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information