Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet More Custom Firmware...

DCEmu Pro

Default Yet More Custom Firmware...

...Slasher has created a plugin for the P.O.C custom firmware created by Dark_Alex that will allow you to play MP3 files while accessing areas on the XMB of your PSP, heres what he had to say about the release...

..."This allows you to listen to mp3s ANYWHERE in the XMB!

Currently supports up to 100 songs in the ms0:/PSP/MUSIC/ folder!

Controls -
    LTRIGG + LEFT = Switch song(to the left)
    LTRIGG + RIGHT = Switch song(to the right)
    LTRIGG + SQUARE = Stop current MP3
    LTRIGG + CROSS = Pause/Unpause

Known Bugs -
    - Make sure to stop your current song before loading up a homebrew or UMD, else crashes.
    - When exiting out of USB mode, music may mess up. Just switch the current song to fix that.

Place the mp3XMB folder(and all its contents) in the ROOT (ms0:/(here)). This is very important! It MUST be in the root. Then, just simply point the P.O.C. Custom Firmware to load the RUNMEmp3.prx. ex) loadmodule0 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"."

Download and give comments thank you

NOTE :- I have tried this however I could not get it to work. I hope somebody else manages to get it to work anyway.

As this is only a plugin it should not harm your PSP however there is always a chance of BRICKING your PSP as this is still part of the Flash.

Attachment 7975

i have no problems making it work (had to delete the config and redownload it but wt-hey whatever works :P). it shows promise and i hope he continues to work on making it better, maybe add a config and possibly even a start the module in a stopped state. its one of the many things i have on my wish list for this new firmware hack.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MalumEnSe
    I totally agree with you, QJ always does that.

Unless there couldnt be a source released as theres no Eboot to this file???

I cant get it to work =[ , so you said you re-downloaded the config.txt? Ill try the same.

Well on the proof of concept thing, it says:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Copying vshmain.prx as vshmain_real.prx.
    Copying files to buffers...
    File size of vshmain_real.prx doesnt match.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ummm what should i do??? please help!

u have to use slashers custom fw unflasher then put the custom fw on again, unless u have harveyg's custom fw mod in that case go to recovery mode and go to the option remove custom fw then reinstall it

Quote Originally Posted by Anger
    i have no problems making it work (had to delete the config and redownload it but wt-hey whatever works :P). it shows promise and i hope he continues to work on making it better, maybe add a config and possibly even a start the module in a stopped state. its one of the many things i have on my wish list for this new firmware hack.
    thanks for the heads up recopying the config file really helped out now its actaully workinking but i dont really like how it starts the music on a coldboot and i agree it shud start in a stoped state not turn on automatically on boot up and once again thanks alot lol

I need to try this one.

Lightbulb if its not working this will help

ok i tryed this and finally got it working and for any one that is having trouble i have the solution is very simple to fix just recopy the config file to your memstick and haha it works this was found out by Anger and thanks for the post helping to get this working lol

EDIT;; iv got some ideas for this plugin maybe they could get this to play the mp3 music in umd games like irshell does and also make a toggle auto start up on/off and maybe give this plugin the ability to use the remote to change tracks and start play back and lets see what else uhhhh lol im out of ideas for now when sumthing pops into my head ill get back to you guys ooooyeah possilbly give this a more actractive way to display the songs that would be cool but hey thats just me lol maybe some of these ideas will catch the coders attention and possilby see them in a future release and the ideas cud already be some hes thought of but we'll see

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information