Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo: "We are not aware of any problems with the hinge of the DS Lite"

Blog Entries

NDS Nintendo: "We are not aware of any problems with the hinge of the DS Lite"

We posted about the problems some users are having with the hinges of the new Nintendo DS lite, heres Nintendos Official response:

We are not aware of any problems with the hinge of the DS Lite, however if someone experiences a problem with their DS Lite they should contact their local customer services department. The DS Lite carries a one year warranty for manufacturing defects, if the fault is covered under the warranty it will be repaired free of charge if not then customer services will provide a cost for repairing the product.

For warranty repair information, all technical enquires [sic] including servicing products, guarantee information, troubleshooting, part orders and release dates in the UK, please contact our Customer Service department (Monday - Friday 8:30am-7pm).

Could a certain factory be sending out duff DS lites ?

DCEmu Newbie

mine has started to crack. i can see the crack occuring, but not serious. i wonder if nintendo actually knew about this.

DCEmu Newbie

Crap, I think I lost my receipt when I moved Monday

I was reading the article all along thinking "man I'm sure glad MINE isn't cracking". Then I look at the left hinge. :|

Frickin' hell. Hairline crack right now... hope it doesn't get bigger.

DCEmu Rookie

.... for the people with the hairline cracks.. it's not a crack It's how it was put together. This is why this got so much fuss. Theres like 6 people with an actually cracked DS and everyone else has a hairline crack witch IS NOT a crack

DCEmu Newbie

if you're talking about the the "line" where the top and bottom part of the hinge connects, thats not what i was talking about. there is another line, a bit wavy, that is cracking above the part where the hinge connections together.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SLy CaT
    if you're talking about the the "line" where the top and bottom part of the hinge connects, thats not what i was talking about. there is another line, a bit wavy, that is cracking above the part where the hinge connections together.
    picture?

edit: [sarcasm]ZOMG I HAVE THE CRACKS TOO!!!![/sarcasm]

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by battleroyalex
    picture?

edit: [sarcasm]ZOMG I HAVE THE CRACKS TOO!!!![/sarcasm]

Those are not the cracks I'm talking about. If I were talking about the mold lines, I would have said "Gee, there's some mold lines here, IT"S A CRACK". But you see, I didn't. I didn't say that at all. In fact, I'm almost POSITIVE I said there was a CRACK in it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Now quit trolling and grow up.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by faction
    Those are not the cracks I'm talking about. If I were talking about the mold lines, I would have said "Gee, there's some mold lines here, IT"S A CRACK". But you see, I didn't. I didn't say that at all. In fact, I'm almost POSITIVE I said there was a CRACK in it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Now quit trolling and grow up.
    exactly faction. (mold... that was the term i was trying to think of XD). i have a crack in the same area.

and battle, don't be such a prick. besides, those mold lines aren't even cracks. they actually look like extra plastic sticking out to me.

DCEmu Rookie

Just saying, People said the same thing about this laptop I bought.. Guess what I had the laptop for almost a year now and theres no cracks on the hinges at all.

edit: they also said this about the ds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information