Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: And In Other News, the PSP is Dead. Uh...Right?

This article...amen.

The guy doesn't even ONCE mention homebrew, does he? WTF.

Anyway, long live the PSP.

you cant have homebrew on the ds better graphics on the psp i know more people with psps then ds

Quote Originally Posted by Emeriastone

Anyway, long live the PSP.
    No need to, the PSP still kicks donkey balls even without mentioning the homebrew/modding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeriastone
    The point is comparing the consoles commercially. To mention homebrew is to compare psp to dreamcast. Homebrew implies psp is commercially dead, which is bull hockey.

Now if everyone jumped off a toadstool would you? makes sure to take your ds with you.

I think DS is cool for children, but the psp is for more mature users(clearly)based on it's design and price. DS users tend to live in a childish world. Forget what some pissed of DS fanboy says about psp it's clearly a compliment to psp's greatness.

I love my psp thats why i gave my DS (NSMB, RE DS, Mario Kart included) to my brother.

I liked ds until i got psp. then ds was collecting dust because psp is what ds should have been. And ds is slightly more than a gba with touch screen.

I think nintendo needs to think about us older gamers instead of catering to children and those with with no appreciation for technology. Those of us who grew up on nintendo, find ourselves grown out of nintendo, and thats a shame.
    I suggest a psp to anyone who seems mature enough to handle it's power. I suggest DS to children and girls. It's that simple.

AGREED !!!!!!!LONG LIVE PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. ds had to put out a new version to correct it's shortcomings. There is no psp lite. and it's because sony got it right the first time.

Default No need to, the PSP still kicks donkey balls even without mentioning the homebrew/mod

No need to, the PSP still kicks donkey balls even without mentioning the homebrew/modding scene.

OMG THATS SO FUNNY....now for the modders rant ...lol read this whole thing guys word up

F*ck yeah let the truth be told WE THE HACKERS keep the psp alive alone..no less the AMAZING library i have 40 umd's myself and im getting tekken soon .i mean first
    theres the REBELION FACTOR some love there psp just for homebrew and hacking ...and why not with apps like devhook letting you emulate 2.7 on your psp 1.5......IRshell allowing you to listen to any music you want while playing any homebrew game and even some commercial games like nfs rivals! can you blame them???
    DEAD???!!!! LMAO.....anyone who says IVE GOT A PSP ITS JUST COLLECTING DUST THIS IS DUE TO ONE OF 2 THINGS:
    your a lying DS owning JEALOUS A-hole because i really have both a nds and psp 4 REAL and my nds is only good for two games so far!!! that arent childish and stupid!!! nsmb and 007 rouge ageny so my NDS TRUELEY DOES COLLECT DUST
    or
    your not smart enogh to know all that is out there FREE for you to enjoy HOMEBREW!! i mean people here know but not everyone does ...they should but dont.....and if you do know...then you enjoy new releases by authers that ACTUALLY CARE WHAT YOU THINK everyday......so again ....SONY IS TO BLAME for there greedy corprate attitudes BLAME SONY FOR:
    movie UMD sales...too expensive ...
    ISO LOADERS.......because they wont allow homebrew so theres no respect between homebrewers and sony!!!

think of it like this....IN LIFE WE HAVE TERRORISM BECAUSE: a gov allows even 1 rouge militia to take over ANY SMALL REGION then spread its beleaves to others ...whos wrong that is the question that remains....the answer is based souley on opinion NOT facts.....sadly this can only result in continued disrespect untill a THIRD PARTY WITHOUT BIAS interveens most of the time.....

likewise is the sony vs homebrew

sony want to be a dictator to the technology it has developed...and its not that they dont want you to ENJOY your psp....but they want you to enjoy it while being dictated and bleeding your $$$$ dry at the same time.....so as the creator they think

"
    we made the technology so...."
    as a gamer we think

" yeah and we payed for the technology now i own it why cant i make the best of it???? does sony hate us??"
    well think about this..
    china may have made PASTA.....but italians mastered the use of PASTA
    "sony made the psp....its users ( the gamers mastered the USE of the psp " hehehehe HOMEBREW all the WAY!!!!!!!!

Cool

...yeah, I'm pretty sure those articles are just plain ridiculous. PSP is hands down better than any other hand-held system out there.

However, some do have a point about the absence of great games... there's not too much denying that. But there's still plenty of games to be released. However, if you want to talk about a week game library, let's talk about the Game Boy Advance... and from what I see, the DS isn't that much better (exceptions being that new mario game and mario 64)...

so wtf? why bash the psp I think it's one of the greatest things I've ever bought especially considering the fact that its much more thna just a game system... Sony just needs to be willing to allow more features that's all.

DCEmu Newbie

Default some of playstation's killer apps

The Playstations have had killer apps like:

the twisted metal's
    the ratchet & clank's
    the sly cooper's
    the grand theft auto's for a while
    the resident evil's for a while
    the good crash bandicoot's (Naughty Dog ones)
    the first medal of honor's (playstation one)
    some of the silent hill's (2 and 4 are on xbox)
    the spyro's ((the Insomniac ones)(playstation one))
    the metal gear solid's (until it went multiplatform)

even though some of the aren't good anymore and some of them have gone multiplatform they were some of the best games for the playstation's. plaus psp has a good handheld grand theft auto.

PSP ROCKS. the ds to me is like a gameboy. the y suc

The day i will be able to:

1. Watch a movie in a DS whitout being at 3" of the screen to see the subtitles and with decent FPS

2. Play SNES, GENESIS, NEOGEO, NES (and even N64).. games at decent speed on the DS

3. Have Apps like IRSHELL, A Quake Port or PSPRevolution in the DS

That day i will start to think that the DS is a least as good as the PSP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information