Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo4all/CD and Real NeoCD games

Default Neo4all/CD and Real NeoCD games

I've been enjoying testing out games for Neo4all over at DCS for some time now, But there's a couple things that really bother me.

I've mentioned arcade stick support more times than a broken record so I've pretty much given up that fight.

But I find it quite a let down that this emu doesn't support official neo geo cd discs. I've bought real bout fatal fury special as well as fatal fury special, and neither of them are recognized as neocd discs. Are we doomed to always using backups? Cause that's no fun.

thanks,

King.

yes you cant use original disc because of their copy protection i think...

DCEmu Newbie

Been reporting this since age :
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8044
    But it seems no effort have been made yet to fix it.
    A shame for legit games users.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Squaresoft74
    I spent a few days looking at the differences exact data copies and conventionally made copies and although I saw differences, they weren't anything that should make the discs unreadable. I was able at one point to get the dreamcast to read files off an original disc but did not pursue it due to the horrible complexity of the required code.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    I spent a few days looking at the differences exact data copies and conventionally made copies and although I saw differences, they weren't anything that should make the discs unreadable. I was able at one point to get the dreamcast to read files off an original disc but did not pursue it due to the horrible complexity of the required code.
    If you could read files from, the code could worths it. Make the code available so we can take a look and try it.

Cheers.
    - fox68k -

Dream Coder

The code was lost long ago. At the current time the only non-release code of NeoDC that I have is from november of 05. The thing that I remember about it though is that I used kos' cd reading functions instead of those from libc.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Newbie

Excuse me for a bit OT, but i'm going mad to search info on Neogeo CD TOC informations. I don't found anything in your site, could you help me?

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry i can't help anymore with Snk games.
    I lost everything (dumps, analysis and notes) in a HD crash late December so i dropped that part and only kept the Nec section alive.

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry i can't help anymore with Snk games.
    I lost everything (dumps, analysis and notes) in a HD crash late December so i dropped that part and only kept the Nec section alive.
    Thanks for reply! Now I 'm using informations found in source of NeoCDZ emulator, i hope correct. Today i repaired toc of Metal Slug manually, but is an annoying job. Can i contact someone to create an SNK-version of wonderful Tocfixer"?

DCEmu Newbie

You can't build an accurate database for TocFixer using only the toc data from Neocdz driver.
    NeoGeo CD games hardly respect the proper pregap rules that follows :

00:03:00 for a data track following an audio one
    00:02:00 for an audio track following a data one

Many games use
    00:03:00 for an audio track following a data one instead.

To build an accurate database for TocFixer you would also need to check and pick these value from original discs.

That's the kind of stuff i had and sadly i lost.

You still can try to see with NJ (Neocdz author) if he would have any sort of interest to build such database since he owns every (Japanese print) games.

Once all the accurate the TOC and pregap data are collected, it could be considered to make a dedicated TocFixer build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information