Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neo4all/CD and Real NeoCD games

DCEmu Newbie

Can anyone tell me, what file on a Neo-Geo CD stores,
    the information of music playback...

ie:, Samurai Shodown, the cut scene that is displayed when you defeat your opponet, the Track# that is played is (just a wild guess !) Track 6... I would like to change it to play Track 2 instead.. Does anyone know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo2006X
    Can anyone tell me, what file on a Neo-Geo CD stores,
    the information of music playback...

ie:, Samurai Shodown, the cut scene that is displayed when you defeat your opponet, the Track# that is played is (just a wild guess !) Track 6... I would like to change it to play Track 2 instead.. Does anyone know ?
    if you use nero burning rom you can enter in the menu extras/save tracks, and save all the cd tracks (iso for data, wav audio tracks). use any cuemaker (i.e. satheader in menu extras/cuefile maker), changing the track order to use the 6th track as the 2nd track and burn the .cue file with any software (even nero, again)...

DCEmu Newbie

I didn't know that, thanks I will give that a try..

Edit: I found it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingbuzzo
    I've been enjoying testing out games for Neo4all over at DCS for some time now, But there's a couple things that really bother me.

I've mentioned arcade stick support more times than a broken record so I've pretty much given up that fight.

But I find it quite a let down that this emu doesn't support official neo geo cd discs. I've bought real bout fatal fury special as well as fatal fury special, and neither of them are recognized as neocd discs. Are we doomed to always using backups? Cause that's no fun.

thanks,

King.
    as far as I tested seemed that the disc is not recognized because the unit has not enough power on its laser to do it, similar to what happens with the cd-rw, that the laser unit acted the same way as it acts with the cd-rw not recognizing anything. maybe if we can find the "ideal" power level, the dreamcast would be able to do that, i guess it because I adjusted it manually, my dc has tried (at least the unit is going even longer) to read my neo cd originals, even being unsuccessfull yet...

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Shoometsu
    as far as I tested seemed that the disc is not recognized because the unit has not enough power on its laser to do it, similar to what happens with the cd-rw, that the laser unit acted the same way as it acts with the cd-rw not recognizing anything. maybe if we can find the "ideal" power level, the dreamcast would be able to do that, i guess it because I adjusted it manually, my dc has tried (at least the unit is going even longer) to read my neo cd originals, even being unsuccessfull yet...
    That's not the problem.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    That's not the problem.
    so it's useless try to adjust the laser. all the pcb revisions (0,1 and 2) have the same problem?

Dream Coder

afaik that's not the problem. at one point when doing all sorts of crazy experiments with CD reading I got it to read one file off a real CD, so the dreamcast CAN do it. it's a software problem, not a hardware problem.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    afaik that's not the problem. at one point when doing all sorts of crazy experiments with CD reading I got it to read one file off a real CD, so the dreamcast CAN do it. it's a software problem, not a hardware problem.
    so it was the same problem that I had with my dvd drive (original neocd games were not recognized). the problem was solved only with a firmware update.

Hello all!

I know I'm late - and I mean LATE - on this...
    but has anybody worked out a solution of the "No disc in drive" Dreamcast problem, yet? I tried to build a new iso (extracting the files from - let's say - KOF94, which isn't working in my version, and build a new iso with that data through UltraISO). Then burning it with the "original" wave files that came with the iso. NeoCD 031 for Windows has no problem with either disc. But Neo4all for DC always comes up with that dam... error.
    Is there a "magical way" to re-arrange or re-construct a new iso which would be working on the DC ?

I'm a bit confused...

Update: I even tried to use an iso data track from "3 Count Bout" (which works on Neo4All DC), delete all files, use the files from KOF'94, make a cue (including the wav's from KOF) - and it really WORKS in an emulator for Win.
    But the Dreamcast port of Nes4All R3 constantly refuses to load the cd - "No disc in drive". What a pity...

Cheers
    Alf
    Last edited by Stuckemuck; February 3rd, 2009 at 23:17. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information