Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comic-Con 2006: PSP aka PS3 Remote And New Firmware Next Week

Blog Entries

psp Comic-Con 2006: PSP aka PS3 Remote And New Firmware Next Week

News from IGN

If you took the time to attend Sony's PSP University at the San Diego Comic Con this morning here is the only news of note you missed.

Turns out the PSP will work as a remote for the PS3. According to the speaker it will have additional functionality and interactivity with Sony's next-gen PlayStation 3, but more details weren't revealed.
    Other info and bullet points you missed (not much news to anyone who has kept up):

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and Pursuit Force are "great games" and "great reasons to own a PSP."

Ads for PSP Greatest Hits Collection which will be released on July 25.

Clips from upcoming games like Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.S. Fireteam Bravo 2, and Gangs of London (all of which look pretty cool).

Movie Trailers of movies coming to UMD format like Napoleon Dynamite and Office Space

PSP's firmware update next Thursday will offer RSS Video feed support for its web browser (it already supports RSS audio feed)

Thursday's firmware update will also have a demo of World Tour Soccer 2

There are no plans to improve text entry on the PSP and no plans for a first-party keyboard

Sony is in discussion with wireless providers to create more internet hotspots for your PSP to connect easily to the web

Video out is something they know is important and are working on getting done

Sony Connect is working on a way to provide downloadable movies (similar to the music they currently provide), but are held up trying to find a system to protect intellectual properties

If you stuck around through to the end of class Sony handed out 32MB Memory Sticks with demos and game trailers, too. Score!

DCEmu Newbie

office space and napoleon dynamite have been out for awhile on psp..

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Was only a matter of time before they released a new Fw after 2.71 has been cracked im amazed it took this long.

Talking but wait :D

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ultimate_Eggman
    Was only a matter of time before they released a new Fw after 2.71 has been cracked im amazed it took this long.
    this firmware update is cool because it will support rss video feed, yes finally the rss features are complete you can now stream video on your psp through rss or save it to your memory stick, yay, i hope booster can crack this new firmware update

yay i bought my second psp yesterday and now i will have a 1.50 psp and a psp with the latest firmware

yay another firmware with no hugely decent features, we want decent games, not trailers

I am at 2.71 so I will have to decide whether or not to update.
    PSP Firmware 3.40 OE-A
    Former PSP Dev
    Wii Owner
    DS Lite Owner + R4 = Sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by neoalucard
    office space and napoleon dynamite have been out for awhile on psp..
    napoleon dynamite, woooooooooooooooooooooo

DCEmu Newbie

I really wonder how long Sony would have waited to give us the RSS feeds if it wasn't for 2.71 getting hacked?

I thank the fine people who get us hacked firmware, because in my eyes they get Sony to release something worth while in their firmware.

They couldn't just release 2.72 (or whatever it will be called) and just say, this is to fix the new exploits that were found. Please install this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamOverload
    I am at 2.71 so I will have to decide whether or not to update.
    well ur screwed already as far as homebrew is concerned so you may as well upgrade, but of course there is always the option of the undiluted platinum chip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information