Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 07 Patched?

Blog Entries

psp NCAA Football 07 Patched?

News from IGN

NCAA Football 07 owners (IGN included) were shocked earlier this week to discover a rather disturbing flaw in the running game. Instead of marking a player as down once he lost forward momentum or was tackled, the game instead marked a back as down at the point of initial contact. This one glitch rendered much of the ground game unusable, as players discovered many of their first down runs cut in half, or even cancelled out entirely. Irate owners of the title took to message boards, posting videos of the glitch, as well as demanding that some action be taken to solve the problem. After confirming this issue in the retail version of the game, IGN contacted EA Sports directly to get an official comment on the situation.

EA Sports did address the issue. A spokeswoman told IGN that "EA is aware of the problem" and will be working on a patch to solve the glitch found in the game. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be available to the public (because it will need to go through rigorous testing), EA Sports said that it is committed to making sure that the problem doesn't crop up again, and is looking into exactly what caused the incorrect yardage marking.

So take heart, portable football fans -- there will be some redressing of the running game soon. We'll let you know when the patch is available as soon as possible.

ouch

Football fans? There is no such thing as a down in football unless you're talking about Christiano Ronaldo

DCEmu Rookie

Gee give someting Internet access and Hello get it out the forking Door Yesterday, and let the Patch God sort it out! That's what I love about PC Gameing so much! Yep a +€60.00(EUR), Sign-up to be a Beta-Tester.

Those that have the infected Game should be given the opertuinty to exchange there Games (w/o a recpit), for a fully working version, as soon as it generaly becomes avalible.

Sadly this really dosn't come as a big shock though. It's hardly the first Playstation Game to be so flawed...

Quote Originally Posted by fistikuffs
    Football fans? There is no such thing as a down in football unless you're talking about Christiano Ronaldo
    Or Zinedine Zidane of course

DCEmu Pro

Bad planning by EA, they should be disappointed in themselfs releasing a game with a glitch like this, as if the game testers didnt even spot it. Well either way I wont get the game because :-

1. I am English
    2. I hate American Football
    3. Who are the players?

For people that have the game I do hope that this patch comes out soon for you anyway

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Briggzy11
    Bad planning by EA, they should be disappointed in themselfs releasing a game with a glitch like this, as if the game testers didnt even spot it. Well either way I wont get the game because :-

1. I am English
    2. I hate American Football
    3. Who are the players?

For people that have the game I do hope that this patch comes out soon for you anyway
    That's funny - it reminds me of the announcement that the upcoming firmware patch will include World Tour Soccer because:

1. I am American
    2. I dislike soccer
    3. Who are the players?

For people who do enjoy soccer [football] I do hope you enjoy the demo anyway.

DCEmu Regular

Not only this glitch, but I also heard that EA didn't even update the rosters from last year, other than removing the obvious players like Bush, Young, Leinart. This shows how much EA really cares about the quality of their products.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    Not only this glitch, but I also heard that EA didn't even update the rosters from last year, other than removing the obvious players like Bush, Young, Leinart. This shows how much EA really cares about the quality of their products.
    Not beeing a Yank, what makes those People ~Special~?!

DCEmu Newbie

I've played game after game on the PC from EA Games... it's the same story... patch the patch that patched the old patch that had to be reverted to an unpatched game before you can patch.

Too bad we now have to patch games on consoles, eh. yeah, games on consoles may have glitches and EA isn't the only one that has this problem, but it seems big flaws in their games is a common thing.

QA, no matter what EA says, is not a major concern on their end, which has been proven by so many glitched games they have released for the PC.

GG, EA Games!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe
    Not beeing a Yank, what makes those People ~Special~?!
    They were the top players in college football last year. Now all three of them are in the NFL so EA took them out of the NCAA game, but most of the hundreds of other players who graduated or left school early are still in the game, even though they don't play college football any more. Not only that, but all the players still have exactly the same ratings as last year also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information