via Computer and Video Games

Sony Computer Entertainment should sue Microsoft over XBLA car combat game, Scrap Metal, says Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe.

Writing on his blog, the God of War man accused Sony of sitting by while other's ripped off its game properties.

"George Lucas gonna sue somebody. Ok, maybe not Lucas but Sony should. Or if I owned the rights to TWISTED METAL and GOD OF WAR, I sure as hell would at the least send a sternly worded legal letter. Heck, I'd send two legal letters if it were me," Jaffe wrote.

"I mean, first Microsoft puts out a car combat game and calls it SCRAP METAL? Hey, looks like a great game! Right up my alley! Day one purchase for me. But come on guys, isn't that just a little too close to Sony's own car combat game TWISTED METAL?"

The next target on Jaffe's sue list is upcoming movie, War of the Gods: "Sony has GOD OF WAR, a game and potential movie about mortals fighting ancient Greek Gods. And then this movie gets announced called WAR OF THE GODS about- yep!- mortals fighting ancient Greek Gods."

He adds: "Look: Sony doesn't- and should not- own the concept of the Greek Myths. Nor should they own the idea of mortal fighting ancient Gods, Greek or any other kind. That's all public domain stuff. But the TITLE? Sony DOES own that. And GOD OF WAR/WAR OF THE GODS seem a little too close to comfort ya'll."
We have to admit, Scrap Metal is scraping the legal body work a little bit...