Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNES/SFC Myth cart Released - Flash Cart for Snes

Blog Entries

Home/News SNES/SFC Myth cart Released - Flash Cart for Snes

Neoflash have finally released their Snes Flash Cart called the SNES/SFC Myth cart, heres a looksy at it:

The NEO SNES/SFC Myth cart SPEC v1:

more info: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index....ic,6053.0.html

* Support ALL SNES/SFC console,all in one solution
    * Support the SNES/SFC rom size up to 64M
    * Support all save type
    * Support 99.5% SNES/SFC games , and sure, some special game need DXP cart support
    * Download games from PC to NEO2 cart directly via USB port
    * Upload/restore game save to PC via USB directly
    * Multi-CIC support, can use any SNES/SFC cart to boot Neo Myth on you SNES/SFC console
    * Support Multi games, can download many games at the same time and swap the game via menu on your TV
    * Upgradeable! Support upgrade the SNES/SFC Myth cart CPLD logic core through the NDP upgrade kit

On sale now at IC2005.com

Blog Entries

Awesome, that would make purchasing a Super Nintendo console worthwhile. Because I've gotten bored of playing the games via the Virtual Console.

DCEmu Newbie

But $169? For 64M? How much (or little) technology has actually gone into making this thing?

It's probably no more advanced than your average NDS flash cart it's just the fact they'll never sell many so prices will stay ridiculously high.

* Support the SNES/SFC rom size up to 64M
    this does not mean its a 64MB (read byte) cart, it means it can correctly address Nintendo roms upto 64mb (read bit)

I was not fully aware they got that big, but as a sega fan during that time then playstation, SNES could have rose the dead from the grave for all I would have known, I guess some of the later bigger RPG's could have sucked up that much space

on a good point tho, when I started getting bigtime into emulation I had the entire snes library presented to me as a first time player (aside from like mario and starfox)

the price for this product (back to the point) is obscene, aside from lockout gotcha's carts used a ton of standard issue roms it should be fairly streight forward to interface to it, with some mid level digital knoledge and a logic analyzer
    Last edited by osgeld; March 5th, 2010 at 00:05.

Everything back then was in megabits so only 8 megabyte carts, i remember all the hoo haa around SF2 having i think was the first 2mb Snes cart, Megabits are pointless for most things now and only used to make things sound bigger like on broadband connections.

yea its very common even nowdays to see megabits for small and embedded stuff, but nothing that anyone normal would care about

strider on the sega was the first I remember with a "2 MEGA MEMORY CART" gold star on the cover

edit: my bad 8

http://www.videogameobsession.com/vi...trider-vgo.jpg
    Last edited by osgeld; March 5th, 2010 at 00:24.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by osgeld View Post
    the price for this product (back to the point) is obscene, aside from lockout gotcha's carts used a ton of standard issue roms it should be fairly streight forward to interface to it, with some mid level digital knoledge and a logic analyzer
    ..And therein lies the cost of the product. I meet people everyday that say "It would be so easy to do X" and then leave it at that. Whats easy to do is talk, or write about how smart you are on the internet. Producing an actual product is rare. The world is full of big talkers... wanna-be's, gonna-be's, and shoulda-beens. I will be buying this cart as soon as I see some software written for mac to interface with it. I have the PC Engine flash cart this company produced, and it works flawlessly.
    I don't see the price as an issue because this is a specialty product made for an extremely small market. I supposed no one else remembers when SFC Magicoms came out they were $300+.. Or when I got my Doctor V64 back in '97 it was almost $400. $170 for this flash cart is next to nothing, and a steal if I might add.

Great Job Neoteam.. :thumbup:

except you could already get a kit for 85$ and blank carts for ~50 bucks if you wanted the snes knockoff case each holding 2~4 typical snes games

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...products_id=39

this thing's advantage is its "usb" which just means they took a usb <> parallel converter and stuffed it on the board

the older model has the advantage of a programmer you can keep wherever, and and blank carts with multigame menu systems

this one barely can describe
    * Support Multi games, can download many games at the same time and swap the game via menu on your TV"
    for the price you can get the better system, 2 carts that hold 2~4 average snes games, the same menu system and only be 15 bucks shy of a 3rd cart (not counting shipping)
    Last edited by osgeld; March 5th, 2010 at 03:46.

also I never claimed to be a wanna be or should have be, I am a electronics student and have more personally interesting projects going on rather than making "my version" of the wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information