Thread: Sonic 4 gets Super Sonic

General games Sonic 4 gets Super Sonic

via Computer and Video Games

Super Sonic will be playable in Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.

The giveaway comes via the game's achievements, which lists one of them as 'Golden Flash - Clear all Acts as Super Sonic'.

That's pretty cut and dry then. The old school method of turning into Super Sonic was collecting all the Chaos Emeralds and jumping (Sonic The Hedgehog 2) or jumping then pressing jump again while in the air (the others). We reckon Sega will use one of those methods to keep Sonic The Hedgehog 4 feeling as retro as possible, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    via Computer and Video Games

Super Sonic will be playable in Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.

The giveaway comes via the game's achievements, which lists one of them as 'Golden Flash - Clear all Acts as Super Sonic'.

That's pretty cut and dry then. The old school method of turning into Super Sonic was collecting all the Chaos Emeralds and jumping (Sonic The Hedgehog 2) or jumping then pressing jump again while in the air (the others). We reckon Sega will use one of those methods to keep Sonic The Hedgehog 4 feeling as retro as possible, but we'll just have to wait and see.
    It seems that there hasn't been any effort involved in getting Super Sonic since Sonic Adventure.

I don't care to see him as a separate playable character.

Blog Entries

Super Sonic can only be achieved by collecting all the emeralds, but if the whole game is to be completed with Super Sonic I'm guessing there is a player selection not so unlike the one seen within Sonic 3 where the levels can be re-played making the task of collecting all the emeralds a doddle.

DCEmu Rookie

Finally, the old method of turning Super Sonic is back. I didn't like how the games since Dreamcast only had him playable at the end of the game in a boss fight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoorKingz View Post
    I didn't like how the games since Dreamcast only had him playable at the end of the game in a boss fight.
    Because the emeralds were only collected through the cut scenes and not earnt like in the original games. Super Sonic though Sonic Adventure would have probably been too fast for the stages with quick platform jumping, Super Sonic is only good for speed and invincibility where needed on the original games.

Damn skippy! That's right a proper Super Sonic is back baby! Just picked up all the Sonic games from the XLBA (just realized that the the Knuckles Lock-on technology is properly emulated, very late of me), and hoping that this game is also for the PSP. I am going to lock myself in a room and beat the hell out this game once it is released.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fpcreator2000 View Post
    I am going to lock myself in a room and beat the hell out this game once it is released.
    About three hours, if going by the classic Sonic completion times for the first time... Possibly longer for this one being new.

I've got a horrible feeling Sega's not gonna give it the 90's Sonic's difficulty levels and ruin it by making so a 2 year old can get through on first try.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by symbal View Post
    I've got a horrible feeling Sega's not gonna give it the 90's Sonic's difficulty levels and ruin it by making so a 2 year old can get through on first try.
    Agreed, games nowadays seem to follow a trend of being horribly easy compared to games of the late 80's early 90's. It seems the only games with difficulty are ones you play with others online...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireStag View Post
    It seems the only games with difficulty are ones you play with others online...
    Especially when they've advanced so far ahead whilst you are only beginning. I dislike that aspect of certain online games (Call of Duty etc...), because they almost cheat.

Thread Information