We've talked about how to comment, but there's still some confusion about these mysterious #tags. What are they all about? Well, to put it simply: They're the most fun you could have with a comment system.
#broken, #whitenoise, #tips, #lifechanger, #whateveryouwant. You'll see plenty of these tags in the comments. Each of them links to a corresponding tagpage which is like a forum of sorts. You can contribute to one of those pages by using the box right next to the Gizmodo logo. Just enter whatever tag you want to use, be it #tips or some silly secret tagpage you decide to create and tada! You've just made a whole new tagpage linked to your tag. If you ever want to view what's on a certain tag's page, just head to gizmodo.com/tag/TYPEATAGHERE.
How can this all be fun though? Well, I asked some of the commenters in #whitenoise to share their favorite tags and what they're for. Here's what they came up with:
I'm sure there are plenty of tags that I've yet to discover—or maybe some secret ones that small groups of commenters are keeping to themselves—and that's half the fun. The tagpages are your way to have a corner of Gizmodo to call your own. Heck, you can make a tag for #yourusername if you want.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...