Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Regular

Default thats great

I have one that 1.5 already.
    Is there any way that you could post a cleared pic of the solder points for us?

BTW...

You ROCK !!!

Holux GND (pin1) ----------------------------> PSP pin2
    Holux TXD (pin3) --> [1K resistor] --------> PSP pin6

Sorry, I sealed my connector cap with crazy glue - don't think I'll be able to re-open it to make better shots... ;-)

DCEmu Newbie

is there any particular tyoe of mini usb cable i should use, or would any of them do..?

i know i dont want to use the one that comes with the gps 'cos that's the one that interfaces with the charger, but could i use any othr mini-usb cable i have lying around...?

do they all have that big cap/knob on them (behind the mini usb plug, after a short length of cable, and then cable continues on the other side), and should i leave the cap attached, and then cut into the cable, or should i get rid of the big cap/knob..?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by md2
    is there any particular tyoe of mini usb cable i should use, or would any of them do..?

i know i dont want to use the one that comes with the gps 'cos that's the one that interfaces with the charger, but could i use any othr mini-usb cable i have lying around...?

do they all have that big cap/knob on them (behind the mini usb plug, after a short length of cable, and then cable continues on the other side), and should i leave the cap attached, and then cut into the cable, or should i get rid of the big cap/knob..?

thanks.
    Well any type of USB miniB should work... keep in mind that the usb connector on the HOLUX ain't got nothing to do with usb... its a camouflaged serial+charging connection.

The cap/knob usually conceals a ferrite core, it should act like an buffer/filter to avoid signal loss and degradation (remove EMI/RF), for this purpose it should work well without it (anyone correct me if I'm wrong...)

You might get some advantage of using those if you're in to high quality audio reccording somehow (e.g., minidisc's), or to comply with FCC or other standards...

DCEmu Newbie

This is my GPS , but I have a problem. I don't have any signal quality. It is searching for something all the time, there are some numbers, but nothing happens. I can't connect it to PC with USB cable. What should I do now?

are you inside your room?

get outside.. gps nearly needs sightcontact with a satellite..

DCEmu Newbie

ok, everything is working now. Iam able to catch the signal. But where I can get maps?

sorry about my english... i hope you can understand me

u dont need them, since you dont have deniskas application yet

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MJ DwaTrzy
    ok, everything is working now. Iam able to catch the signal. But where I can get maps?

sorry about my english... i hope you can understand me
    Just wait another 2-3 days I'll release the viewer...

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information