Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Newbie

You can actually slide the copper pins out quite easy. That is the way I did it. Slide the pins out and you have more room to play with. then just slide the pins back in when you are done

DCEmu Newbie

dude, i wish i'd known that yesterday. gotta go dig through the trash now... o yea, thing that goes into the head phone jack came off. does that matter?

DCEmu Newbie

I think it does matter yes But as far as i'm aware, no one has tried this mod without the headphone jack? Correct me if i'm wrong....

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vibez
    I think it does matter yes But as far as i'm aware, no one has tried this mod without the headphone jack? Correct me if i'm wrong....
    Probably not, because most probably hacked their remote cable to connect. The sound 'hole' is what makes that thing stay put, otherwise I dont think it would stay in place otherwise. There is no reason why you cant get sound (out) though. The wires going to 7,8,9 are audio. When a headphone is inserted into the round hole, it enables 2.5V DC on pin x (I forget which pin without referring to diagram)
    So that it can power an external device.

All the info on serial port can be found at

http://www.luaplayer.org/sio/readme.html

and at
    http://www.hitmen-console.org/ under PSP documentation

I think Deniska should have an MP3 player built into MapThis so you could listen to music as you navigate

DCEmu Newbie

I screwed up again. I messed up another headphone plug. So I gotta go get a third one.... its too damn small and my soldering iron is so damn big. I got this big glob of solder on my plug. so I tried to melt it off but I melted the plastic to. anyway, we can just solder the wires together right? the remote plug wires to the usb wires? bc i dont think i have the patience to do this again. i think I worked on the cable for like 4hrs, took my forever to get the transparent plastic off the plug

DCEmu Newbie

yes... Why are you making it so difficult!!!???

Cut the USB Kable and the PSP Remote Cable and solder the GROUND and the TxD wires from the Remote-Cable and the Mini-USB Cable together.....

that's really easy!!!

So... good luck!!!

greets kamatschka

DCEmu Newbie

I soldered mine right in the middle of the 2 cables.

DCEmu Newbie

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! IM SO STUPID!!!!!!!!! Now I have to go and find another remote. I went to 2 walmarts, target, eb games, babbages, and finally found a used remote at another ebgames. Man, this sucks assets.

DCEmu Newbie

Someone else asked me a while back about some crimp connectors and I initially didnt know what he was talking about. (I used DB9 male, female connectors so I could plug my GPS into the original USB cable to use with my laptop if needed)

Anyway.... recently I was reading something (At Make-magazine I think) and they showed some handy connectors that you can strip the wires, feed them in a slot, and snap the lid down to secure the wires. You can get male, female connectors. Ill try and find where it was I saw those.

DCEmu Newbie

ok, can someone tell me what i did wrong? I connected the black wire from the usb to the blue wire of the remote, green wire from the usb to the grey wire of the remote. I turned on my gps and ran map this!.02 and pressed square to activate gps mode. but its the same as if i had nothing hooked up, just a cursor up in brooklin driving around. did i do something wrong?

Thread Information