Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    It does.. get the cable from http://www.pc-mobile.net/
    Thanks for the fast answer. I was doing some research for the M1000 (seems more worth it at the price) and people say the USB port is for charging purposes only. I also looked at that site and it doesnt have anything for th M1000. Would I need to get the one for the GPS Slim?

*EDIT*
    Found my answer in another topic. Yes it uses that cable if anybody else is searching as well.

Thanks!

Default "safe" to connect a generic GPS receiver to a PSP using a commercial-grade cable?

I want to contribute by testing out the QSTARZ receivers. I have a qstarz BT-Q1000 (I would think it's the same as a BT-Q818), and a PSP successfully running mapthis, as well as a GHPSP cable from pc-mobile.net (the one normally used for the holux 236/240, -the one without the 1k resistor).
    I have a stupid question: Doesn anyone think it's a really -bad- idea if I just hapilly plug these guys together? I promise I won't cry if anything happens. If I can summon the courage to try this out, I'll report my findings back to the group.
    ------
    An update: Tragically, I seem to have lost my BT-Q1000 (on my wedding trip before the cable arrived. Yes I brought my PSP on the honeymoon. Not divorced yet.) I am hoping it's in with the family luggage. I'll update this entry again if anybody finds it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
    I want to contribute by testing out the QSTARZ receivers. I have a qstarz BT-Q1000 (I would think it's the same as a BT-Q818), and a PSP successfully running mapthis, as well as a GHPSP cable from pc-mobile.net (the one normally used for the holux 236/240, -the one without the 1k resistor).
    I have a stupid question: Doesn anyone think it's a really -bad- idea if I just hapilly plug these guys together? I promise I won't cry if anything happens. If I can summon the courage to try this out, I'll report my findings back to the group.
    I am sure it will not do any harm to try.

Quote Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
    I doubt this would work, but chances of damaging your psp are also negligeale if you try to plug this in...

can anyone help me?
    ik have a usb gps mouse(BU-303)
    can i use this with mapthis, and if it can could someone tell me how to use or configur the usb cable of the reciever.i could not find a site of this product where ican see the wire diagram of this reciever.can anyone help me.

DCEmu Newbie

Deniska, is there any site with info about MapThis, list of recievers, software downloads and resumed instructions beyond this thread?

Best Regards,
    macdo

Sorry I found it.

Alas, it is as Deniska predicted. Connecting the Qstarz BT-1000 didn't work. I plugged it into my PSP using the "GHPSP" cable (from pc-mobile.net). The Qstarz receiver seemed to realize it had been plugged into something (because the blinking lights changed), but the PSP could not detect it (GPS state: off). I didn't try fiddling with any of the settings (baud rate).
    Incidentally, I WAS able to get the holux M-1000 to work with mapthis using this same cable (it works great).

DCEmu Newbie

Hi:

http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/gps_viewer.zip link is broken.

Where i can download gps_viewer file?

Thanks and regards.

Default wats the point

wats the point of havin all the wires? cant we just download a program and plug a reciever in?

Quote Originally Posted by mattza4life View Post
    wats the point of havin all the wires? cant we just download a program and plug a reciever in?
    Yea you can do that

but with this DIY cable your get better locks and better signal strength

i haven't tried it myself but from the others experience it works a charm

Thread Information