Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Regular

Deniska...
    You rock..
    Thanks but I figured it out last night, This should help lots of other ppl thought. Thanks for posting it.
    I am having the problem as somebody else did with the maps not matching up.
    I think I am using the fake feed from NY.
    I know how to fix it, just havent done it yet.
    You are the man...
    Thank you agian

DCEmu Regular

got another quick question for ya though...
    I changed the FAKEFEED=0 to reflect that. but now I cget a bad data fault.
    GPS is on but bad data.
    I looked at the slim236 viewer prog and it tracks fine.
    8 sats. So I know that my gps and cable works.
    Any suggestions?

Originally I thought that It might have something to do with my maps, so I created another map, same prob...
    I read all the way through this thread, one other person had the same prob but never got an answer.
    I bow to you...
    PPl at my job are amazed what I do to my psp. But never take the credit for it..
    All I do it use the software, Deniska designed it. This by far is the coolest proggy for the PSP...

I posted a reply with some sugestions in MapThis0.3 thread.. Try them and let me know if you still have problems...

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone tried this with the software that supports the official GPS unit? I want to try this with the Metal Gear Portable Ops but if it wont work it would not be as useful.

BTW, im getting +5v on TX and GND on my garmin 12, so will need a 1k resistor correct? Wouldn't a standard diode be better to drop the voltage? 1 usually drops it by .7 volts

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by awdark View Post
    Has anyone tried this with the software that supports the official GPS unit? I want to try this with the Metal Gear Portable Ops but if it wont work it would not be as useful.

BTW, im getting +5v on TX and GND on my garmin 12, so will need a 1k resistor correct? Wouldn't a standard diode be better to drop the voltage? 1 usually drops it by .7 volts
    What does mgs have to do with map this and a GPS?

DCEmu Newbie

Default mapthis compatibility

Hello, I wanted to know if mapthis is or will be compatible with the sony gps receiver. I think it would be great... In the contrary does anyone build cable for the holux receiver!!! Thx

DCEmu Regular

Its not really all that difficult..
    I was rather scared myself at first, but I just did it and it worked first try...
    If you want me to build a cable for you pm me and we may be able to work somehtingout

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Russoxley187 View Post
    What does mgs have to do with map this and a GPS?
    You see, MGS portable OPS has a GPS feature in the game where you can find new recruit soldiers with the GPS. Its designed for the official one but I was curious if there was any hope it would work with this setup.

DCEmu Newbie

Default GPSlim working

Hi,
    I'm new on the forum.

Just received today my GPSlim236, finished my cable, plugged on PSP, drove my car around neighbourhood and... everything it's ok!! At first found hard to make the cable but really easy, not resistor used.

Thanks Deniska and all the crew here!!

Some questions.
    - I have seen that maps from Google are geomatching very good, but ones made by satellite image have a mismatch about 100 meters to the south. why?
    - Will my receiver work via Bluetooth with any adaptator for PSP like 'Audio Dongle' or 'Bluetake i-PHONO mini Bluetooth' ??

Thankkksss from Spain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisuke View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new on the forum.

Just received today my GPSlim236, finished my cable, plugged on PSP, drove my car around neighbourhood and... everything it's ok!! At first found hard to make the cable but really easy, not resistor used.

Thanks Deniska and all the crew here!!

Some questions.
    - I have seen that maps from Google are geomatching very good, but ones made by satellite image have a mismatch about 100 meters to the south. why?
    - Will my receiver work via Bluetooth with any adaptator for PSP like 'Audio Dongle' or 'Bluetake i-PHONO mini Bluetooth' ??

Thankkksss from Spain!!!
    Satelite imagery comes from a different vendor, i think... try to get MSN satelites or any other vendor and see if they are any better...

Most bluetooth adaptorsfor PSP just transmit sound and don't receive anything - so they are useless for GPS perposes...

Thread Information