Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Newbie

Hello, how can i change the words in te green monitor from gps viewer in German language. Can you tell me witch file i modify.
    I have probem with the map software, can everybody help me?

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Holux GR 231 works

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lewbacca View Post
    nice. thank you for confirmung my research about the compatibility of the gps devies

i ordered myself a 231 today. i will tell you if it works =)

btw.. do i need to recode your testing programm? wouldnt be that problem, but knowing it, before testing and find it not working would be better^^
    Holux GR 231 works

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys! Do you know if it's possible to connect it like this sketch I've made?

What do you think about it? I like it but hey, it's just my opinion lol

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone can help me? I'd really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    a couple of numbers through a serial port and a stream of television information are two completely different things. GPS information is realtively small but a TV broadcast requires a lot of bandwidth. A serial port can't provide that much.

I think this is enough .....
    I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way

comparatif simulation taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la prise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.comparatif simulation taux pret auto

Default Pin-Outs

Quote Originally Posted by vibez View Post
    Just ordered all the gear to make my cable. I have a question about identifying pins with a multimeter.

How will I know which pin is which by resistance?

Could you maybe add a simple guide on identifying pins please.
    man, you check for voltage, not resistance. you need the GROUND wire and the TX wire so if you touch negitive probe of multimeter to ground and the positive side to each wire untill you get a fluctuating voltage (about 2.5v). set your multimeter to like 3, 5, or 10 volts and start tryin to find the tx wire on the gps unit. connects to rx on psp remote (pin 6 if i remember correctly). once you find the wires, hook everything together with a resistor inline with the gps tx(about 1 thousand ohm/1k resistor, maybe higher resistor value) out to the psp rx in and it should work.

[edit = sorry bout that one, thought I was on the last page of this thread. the info is still useful tho, for noobz n misguided googlers...]
    Last edited by stickynicky; December 23rd, 2009 at 11:06. Reason: Human Error Parser Not Functioning

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi23 View Post
    Hi guys! Do you know if it's possible to connect it like this sketch I've made?

What do you think about it? I like it but hey, it's just my opinion lol
    yeah, itd work if that mini-usb is a serial/power interface and not a usb. itd be a lot of work to make that work if it was a usb holux reciever. You also need a 5v regulator circut in that connecter thing for psp charging/reciever power? idk the specs on this reciever. if you have all of those things in the picture, and the reciever is as-stated earlier, a little modding and patience, and just add a car mount and viola, you have achieved greatness in the field of psp based navigation.
    Last edited by stickynicky; December 23rd, 2009 at 11:37.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread Information