Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, will try that and get back with you.

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, when I connect tx to pin 6 I the screen begins to fill up with random, garbled text... which is a good sign!

DCEmu Newbie

I opened a copy of the serial app. that came with lua in Notepad, and changed the 2400 to 4800, saved it to the psp, and now Im getting text that is more like NMEA sentences now.

It appears to be skipping characters, much like the situation you were describing with your setup, except I think it may be LUA-based, I remember reading something from 'Art' on another forum about speed limitations with the LUA-players' SIO.

I'll keep plugging away at it, dont let me distract you from your Mapping project.

Quote Originally Posted by A Fn NOOB
    I opened a copy of the serial app. that came with lua in Notepad, and changed the 2400 to 4800, saved it to the psp, and now Im getting text that is more like NMEA sentences now.

It appears to be skipping characters, much like the situation you were describing with your setup, except I think it may be LUA-based, I remember reading something from 'Art' on another forum about speed limitations with the LUA-players' SIO.

I'll keep plugging away at it, dont let me distract you from your Mapping project.
    Lua is slow amd has it's limitations, but at least you know that your cable works...
    I suggest that you figgure out what's wrong with your pspsdk setup, change and recompile my application (try to just print out characters, that it reads w/o parsing them in to structures... see if you can get full NMEA sentenses.. currently, it looks like the parser cannot validate the checksum....
    Following thread may help you: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.p...294&highlight=

DCEmu Newbie

Default Got it!

Ok I finally found a tutorial on setting up PSPSDK that actually had links to the correct files/libraries.

I merely changed the bitrate in your GPSVIEWER program (Not the modified one you posted yesterday)*, recompiled it, and executed it. Im getting correct gps data in all fields.

The GPS-360 is a great reciever to play around with, considering you can get them dirt cheap, its small, and has that cool blue LED glow Im picking up 3 satellites inside my living room with the reciever about 6 ft away from the window.

I look forward to trying your mapping project when it becomes available!

* you may want to delete that modified GPSviewer you posted here for me, I never could get it to run.

another GPS device on the compatibility list =) that is just nice!

Quote Originally Posted by A Fn NOOB
    Ok I finally found a tutorial on setting up PSPSDK that actually had links to the correct files/libraries.

I merely changed the bitrate in your GPSVIEWER program (Not the modified one you posted yesterday)*, recompiled it, and executed it. Im getting correct gps data in all fields.

I look forward to trying your mapping project when it becomes available!

* you may want to delete that modified GPSviewer you posted here for me, I never could get it to run.
    Good stuff, man!
    Sorry for that program.. I must have changed something else there, while experimenting... Well, I am glad you figured that one out...
    Perhaps you should start another thread, showing how to hook GPS-360 with the PSP. Some people may appreciate it...

As to the map viewer, I am still pretty far from a public release, but I may need a few testers in a week or so to start trying in on the streets...
    So PM me if you want to help - I'll hook you up with the source code....

as i stated before, i should receive my holux gr-231 this week.. should arrive on tuesday or wednesday.
    i could help you, if you still need someone

i bought a Holux GPSlim236 yesturday it should be here either tomorow most likely . im trying to do the cable i got all the parts for it, but im kinda lost on the port on the gps unit, is that port a usb b port? if so that would mean from my usb b cable the red wire will go to pin 2 on the psp and the green wire from the usb will go to pin 6 on the psp with 1k resistor between?
    can someone correct me plz

get a multimeter and check the pinout..
    the colors mean nothing.

you can see the pins which u have to use on deniskas pictures.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information