Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Simple PSP-GPS hookup

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    /\ /\ Thats what I was wondering! How the hell would you even go about starting this in the first place??? Excellent work - be interesting to see how its used...
    The remote controller is a typical Serial port. In theory, one could take a serial mouse and make it work on the PSP so long as a program was made to interpret the information and decipher it in a way the PSP can understand( read: driver)

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark

I am not downplaying this achievement at all, but people seem to think that this will defeat Sony's firmware updates and GPS without even looking at the fact that the photos show a program with a bunch of useless numbers.
    Dude, you should read the whole post before you comment on it...
    I pretty much finished a program that plots your location on Google maps based on Lat/Lon coords...

You can see the details on my site @ dcemu

Default damn dude

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    I pretty much finished a program that plots your location on Google maps based on Lat/Lon coords...

you got everything figured out man , could you find a simpler way of doing this though without soldering, later

a lot of us could just use ur navigational software =p

id love to have a copy of NYC map with zoom views and being able to locate places through address to find my way around this zoo.

only having to store NYC map to save space would be perfect +D

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by deniska

Sorry about that, completely missed that last part where you mentioned it...

Deniska,

Would I be able to use this in Japan? <--- Does your program include maps of Japan or could I add in my own?

If I can load up a map of Osaka, I will definitely be building one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock
    Deniska,

Would I be able to use this in Japan? <--- Does your program include maps of Japan or could I add in my own?

If I can load up a map of Osaka, I will definitely be building one of these.
    You should be able to fit good portion of Japan on 1Gb stick (with street level detail).
    I'll provide linux/cygwin scripts to generate the maps together with installation instructions...
    You'll need to enter the gps (lat/lon) location and the size of the map.. and the rest will be taken care of...
    Just out of curiocity i generated a small map for some location in Japan (not sure what it is since I don't speak japanese). The map took ~4 minutes to generate.. Here is some screenshots of it inside the PSP mapviewer (this is a dev version so never mind the zeros in the debug line):

same location zoomed out:

Thats AWSOME. I dont have a need for a GPS at the moment but I have to give you some props thats a seriously cool hack.

PSP User

Good stuff, I wish someone would sell these, though, because I couldn't make one...

Anyway, how much space are the maps going to take up on the MS?

Lots of motorcyclists purchase car gps units and mount them on their motorcycles because they are considerably cheaper then the "motorcycle" units. I'd love to mount my PSP to my motorcycle and have it do GPS navigation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information