Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon from Chui

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Coming soon from Chui

Chui posted in our forums about the project he is working on, this is what he said:[br] [br]First, dcastaway release (coming soon), neo4all (christmas) and last uae4all (close to spring) ... sorry... be patient.[br][br]and on dcastaway:[br][br] New release comming soon.[br] [br]I patch interrupt keyboard/joystick and a lot of new games runs ok like Turrican.[br] [br]This list will grow much ! ! ! ![br] [br]Also, vertical synch, brightness correct, etc..[br][br]Great news for those that thought the NeoGeoCD emu was dead!

[Modified 11/16/04 08:46:37 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Dream Coder

Default Re: Coming soon from Chui

NeoCD hasn't been dead, I've been working on it for some time =\. relatively publicly too.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

way i know, alot of people don't vist forums so i thought that i would newpost it. sorry i forgot u were working on it. Are u and chui working together?

Dream Coder

no =\, nor is he working with evilo (to my knowledge). I really dont understand what he could be bringing to it with increased speed, as it already runs fullspeed. im working on sound and bugfixes. ive actually fixed a significant bug that would make it seem like the disc you swapped in was bad, and another one that should increase the number of games with CDDA playback.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

cool,

i wonder if chui knows if u and evilo are working on it? i know he posts here, but not often. maybe u should get in contact with him

[quote author=quzar link=board=dcemu;num=1100616224;start=0#3 date=11/17/04 at 05:05:12]no =\, nor is he working with evilo (to my knowledge). I really dont understand what he could be bringing to it with increased speed, as it already runs fullspeed. im working on sound and bugfixes. ive actually fixed a significant bug that would make it seem like the disc you swapped in was bad, and another one that should increase the number of games with CDDA playback.[/quote]He's not even working from the same codebase as far as I know. Hence why it's called Neo4All. It's a fresh port. (At least that's what I garnered from talking with him).

Dream Coder

NeoCD/SDL DC is 99% identical to the SDL port of the original. The only differences are the region select (trivial), the loading method (wait for a CD to be inserted), the vmu stuff, and the pvr rendering (which already does use pvr dma). After a certain point, fosters up-ported all the changes that allowed it to be more architecture independent (the bit of x86 code and a few other minor things).

Oh well, i'll just make sure to cover my bases and make it count when i release my fixed version =\.

Chui isn't trying to upstage you, he's just working on his promise to try to emulate as many systems using the M68K as possible.

Don't take it as a condemnation of your project, take it as a healthy competition.

Dream Coder

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=dcemu;num=1100616224;start=0#7 date=11/17/04 at 06:37:35]Chui isn't trying to upstage you, he's just working on his promise to try to emulate as many systems using the M68K as possible.

Don't take it as a condemnation of your project, take it as a healthy competition.[/quote]

i know hes not trying to upstage me =P. (i hope?!) it just seems with 2 other projects that he could be testing fame with, that he already has started, he doesnt need to start another that has already been started and is currently being worked on =P.

Blog Entries

he has been working on this project from before ian michael did a runner,

Him and Fox68k are using the fame m68k asm thingy and have redone most of the emulator.

I think its great to have 2 projects, competition makes the scene great

anyway hows the Hugo port coming along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information