Thread: Square Enix Reveals Summer Lineup

Blog Entries

psp Square Enix Reveals Summer Lineup

News from IGN

The summer heat might drive some people to the beach, but to others, it's the respite of the living room sofa that beckons. Well, it's a good thing Square Enix just revealed its final summer lineup. The company plans to ship four different titles to keep as many people away from sun's deadly rays as possible.

"This summer, Square Enix is releasing titles that will truly appeal to all audiences," said Daishiro Okada, President and COO, Square Enix, Inc. "The line-up brings new titles for some of Square Enix's most beloved series with games for casual and young gamers, as well as gamers 'on the go,' the revival of a cult hit, a new take on a renowned franchise and the ability to play together. We're excited about providing entertainment that will bring in new fans as well as delight our existing ones."
    First up, there's Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, a remake of the 2000 title Valkyrie Profile that shipped for the original Playstation. The game promises new features and bonus content, as well as non-linear gameplay. The story, as with most RPG offerings, sees players struggle against supernatural forces that threaten, well, everything. Lenneth shipped July 18 for the PSP.

Next, something for all the Final Fantasy fans out there. Dirge of Cerberus follows the frenetic exploits of Vincent Valentine, who most RPG fans know appeared in the seminal Final Fantasy VII. The North American release features all-new missions, a retooled camera system and faster paced action. Look for it to ship August 15, 2006 for the PS2.

On the Nintendo front, Square will release Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for the Nintendo DS. The game puts the DS to good use through Multi-Card gameplay for up to four players. Also, the system's Single-Card Download feature lets gamers start a 16-player session. And, of course, the dual-screen/touch-screen format let Square Enix design an experience only the DS can provide. Rocket Slime will ship to stores September 19, 2006.

Finally, Square has moved the release date for Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria to September 26, 2006, up from the previous date of November 2006. In Silmeria, players will get the chance to dive into Norse mythology and control a group of fighters with a unique battle system.

awsome
    lots of good games

i want to try ff7 never played it in my life im serious

Quote Originally Posted by emuking
    Also, I never played FF7. But I'm not a FF fan, so I don't want to play it.

FFVII - Truly one of the greatest games ever created... Almost perfect (Im getting misty eyed! ).. TRY IT!

This game list sounds good to me - but then Im a bit of a fan of Square!

DCEmu Newbie

And - where is Crisis Core?

to words very sleepe.

...I want a new Secret of Mana from Square :P

DCEmu Regular

I can't wait for Dirge of Cerberus, I hope those changes to the US version will still be used (or improved on further) when it reaches UK shores?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    And - where is Crisis Core?
    ditto.

Yeah, no Crisis Core is definately dissapointing. I can not wait for that game! By the time it comes out, we will have the PS1 emulator, and I will be able to play the real game on my PSP.
    PSP Firmware 3.40 OE-A
    Former PSP Dev
    Wii Owner
    DS Lite Owner + R4 = Sweetness

Thread Information