Thread: Interact Concept 4 Racing Wheel for Dreamcast: Manual and Power Requirements

Default Interact Concept 4 Racing Wheel for Dreamcast: Manual and Power Requirements

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a used Interact Concept 4 Racing Wheel for Dreamcast without a manual a few weeks ago. I had a very difficult time finding information on how to configure the wheel. Thanks to the help of a very generous eBay seller, I was able to obtain a scan of the relevant pages from the manual. I thought it would be nice to post those pages here for others who may be searching for this information.

In addition to the relevant manual pages, I would like to mention the power requirements of the wheel. An AC adapter is required only for the force feedback feature to work. The unit uses a DC 9V 1000mA AC adapter with a center *negative* polarity and a 2.5mm plug. Most AC adapters are *not* center negative. The stock AC adapter that comes with the unit is unregulated.

Regards,
    Chris Hozian

Last edited by chozian; February 18th, 2011 at 01:56. Reason: readd pics to manual pages

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

thanks, hopefully this will be useful to others

DCEmu Newbie

Default Power Supply for Concept4 Driving Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by chozian View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I purchased a used Interact Concept 4 Racing Wheel for Dreamcast without a manual a few weeks ago. I had a very difficult time finding information on how to configure the wheel. Thanks to the help of a very generous eBay seller, I was able to obtain a scan of the relevant pages from the manual. I thought it would be nice to post those pages here for others who may be searching for this information.

In addition to the relevant manual pages, I would like to mention the power requirements of the wheel. An AC adapter is required only for the force feedback feature to work. The unit uses a DC 9V 1000mA AC adapter with a center *negative* polarity and a 2.5mm plug. Most AC adapters are *not* center negative. The stock AC adapter that comes with the unit is unregulated.

Regards,
    Chris Hozian
    Hi Chris,

Is there any chance you could tell me the voltage and amp specs for your driving wheel ?
    I have recently purchased one without the power supply and would like to get the rumble pack working .

EDIT: I just re read your post , just ignore me thanks Chris
    Cheers
    Karl
    Last edited by kakaboy; August 10th, 2010 at 23:46.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't see a download link, Where might i find it?

the original poster has his post linked everywhere saying this is where to find said manual, i don't see it
    Last edited by antinull; February 17th, 2011 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by antinull View Post
    I don't see a download link, Where might i find it?

the original poster has his post linked everywhere saying this is where to find said manual, i don't see it
    It appears that my attachments were removed for reasons unknown to me. I'll attempt to repost the attachments in the next couple of days. I don't have access to that information at the moment.

DCEmu Newbie

oh, interesting
    ive been trying to program my wheel :P

Quote Originally Posted by antinull View Post
    oh, interesting
    ive been trying to program my wheel :P
    Okay, I edited my first post to include the pages that I had originally attached. It's not allowing me to attach files to a post anymore. I had to upload the pics to my Google Picasa web albums to host them.

I hope these are helpful to you!

DCEmu Newbie

that should work fine
    Thanks for reposting it!

the instructions are the same for the other game console wheels
    Last edited by antinull; February 18th, 2011 at 19:29.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi! I just bought an used Interact Wheel today, and I tried it on my favorite game: F 355.
    I was really disappointed because one cannot use both the paddles and the levers: they have the same functions, and, as I understood, there is no way to program these, so one has to choose and use only one! That is weird, because the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel allows to use both. And it is even recognized by the console, there is no need to program or change anything...
    I will keep my Ferrari wheel for me and the Interact one for my friends!

DCEmu Newbie

Did you manage to find the AC adapter? And if so, where?
    Thanks for your answer.

Thread Information