Thread: Dummy Files

Dreamcast Dummy Files

I'd like to add a huge Dummy file to a .cdi I've compiled in selfboot Inducer V4. I got a free program off the Internet that creates dummy files, but my question is how can I add it to the .cdi in a loaction where the Dreamcast won't read it? In order to have permission to use any homebrew on this particular Dreamcast, I HAVE to have these dummy files to prevent almost all damage to the laser, because the Dreamcast isn't mine and that is what the owner requested. I've burnt .cdi's before and am not a noob at doing so, I'd really appreciate your help.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

well as its homebrew and emus, there would not be much disc access and most HB load directly into the RAM... so really there is no need to bother with a dummy file.

BootDreams auto-dummies your CDIs

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21626

Just point it to C:/SBInducr/Inducer/ with having 'Add Dummy File' checked ('Extras' menu) and that's it.

DCEmu Newbie

if it says no ip.bin was found put yes? also it said this was found to be a katana binary do you want to scramble it?

Quote Originally Posted by vlame View Post
    if it says no ip.bin was found put yes? also it said this was found to be a katana binary do you want to scramble it?
    This thread is old, don't revive old threads

Thread Information