Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new mame for psp

DCEmu Rookie

psp new mame for psp

Hi all,

i thought some people would be interested in this, so i compiled this mame merging original mame 0.97 src with this japanese guy's sources (dunno if he is takka or tmk but a lot of thanks goes to him for his great work) :

http://psp.nukenin.jp/HTM/index_MAME04.html

and taking also some stuff from pspmame04 from 2005.

I got tired of waiting to play simpsons and crude buster on psp so i made it myself. If anybody cares download it and give it a try, it support's many games not supported yet in finalburn or other mames.

cheerz,
    Repuken2.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Some info:

to quit a game: Letf Trigger + Right Trigger + Start , then press any button.
    Call MAme Menu: left Trigger while in game.
    Call Emu Menu: left Trigger while in game list.

Some games supported:

Vol I :
    Simpsons, cabal, bloodbross, Aliens, Vendetta, Crude Buster, X-Men, etc

Vol II :
    Robocop, Dragon Ninja, Shadow Force, Dead Connection, Growl, Vigilant, R-Type Leo, Hook, Undercover Cops, etc

roms:

put your roms in the "roms" folder inside the emu folder (Create it if not exists).
    The roms shoulb be mame beta 0.97 compatible ( most of current version one's do work).

note about games requiring to create nvram ( simpsons, vendetta, most konami games) :

this games require you to create nvram, for this you can either create it in your pc in a desktop mame and then copy it to the "nvram" folder inside the emu folder or create it in the psp. For this you'll need to remap one of the buttons to the testswitch key and reset the game while having it pressed. For more info check mame official FAQ page :

http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php...s#The_Simpsons

Dude,how do you get this damn thing to work? I tried using X-Men (US 4 PLAYERS) and put the nvram file in the nvram folder and all I get is a bunch of stupid writing about compression report. What do I exactly have to do to get it to work?

About a memory consumption report? A part of me can't help but feel that being able to play X-Men on PSP is too true to be good,so I would extremely appreciate it if you could help me.
    Last edited by Big_Silent; March 27th, 2010 at 01:36.

Which folders are suppose to go on PSP? Could that be why it's not working?

DCEmu Rookie

do you have a fat or a slim psp? it won't work on phat, it doesn't have enought memory, sorry i can't help about that...

if you have a slim the just make a directory call whatever you like, mamepspSomething make a rom dir inside called roms where the zipped roms go and the nvram thing and you're set.

Hope this helps.

DCEmu Rookie

Maybe i was a little vague (read lazy) on the description:

you need a psp slim to play bigger games although i think it should work on phat for smaller games.

Default This is awsome!

Emu works great! I hope there will be updates, but for first release it works really well.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

great job man,i've been waiting for a while to play the simpsons that game was the s@#t,hope there are more updates to come in the near future mad props to all devs towho makes the old school come back to life:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

I'll check it out later in my phat. Thanks in advance. I hope at least to make Vendetta work. I guess games like Metamorphic Force are just 'out of the league' for a phat psp, but one always can dream.

DCEmu Newbie

Here goes: Out of the games I've tested,I've managed to run blood bros, cabal and crime fighters, quite a success considering it's a phat psp. I appreciate you shared this great work of yours with us, since this is the only emulator I've come across that emulates such bunch of classics. A shame I cannot play asterix, vendetta, aliens, etc., but being able to play blood bros and cabal (without the defective controls of mame4allr9) is already an achievement for us classic-arcade-lovers. I wonder if the inclusion of a cache support for certain games would help; but then again, you have a slim, so you don't need that at all. By the way, I suggest that you include (if possible) autofire support in the next releases. It would come in pretty handy to avoid smashing the buttons; the original source you used for this emulator did not implemented either so it is understandable. In fact, no mame for psp has an autofire support that works at all (not mame4allr9 at least).

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy Download link????

Hi, wheres the MAMAE EMULATOR DOWNLOAD LINK!!?????
    Can someone help me?
    LOL im soo confuse.. why everyone commenting on how good it is if theres no link??
    Link finder .........
    How come im the only noob here who cant find this Invisable link??
    Do I need glasses!??! lmfao..
    Seriously cant c the link!!
    Last edited by protoss1; April 20th, 2011 at 01:53.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information