Thread: Does a UK PSP work in the USA?

Default Does a UK PSP work in the USA?

Im wondering does a UK PSP work in the USA?
    I know its portable and all, im sure the actual games will work, but what im wondering is what about the network features, will i be able to play online games and communicate with other PSP's (Ad-Hoc). That's my main concern, whether i will be able to use my PSP games online....for example SOCOM from UK only connects to the Europe servers if i take it over there will it still be European Servers or USA Servers, or does it depend on where u bought the game from(country wise)

My other concern is updating my PSP, is there any chance i could use USA Updates or would i have to use UK Updates?

Thanks for any help!

yes i am from london and am moving to new york and psp works fine online and offline with all games so fully covered....

updates why update devhook

all works i think except updates i am not sure moving from london to new york and find psp works fine in usa

Don't update, just use Dev Hook (if you have a 1.5.)

Thanks lions, yeah ive been updating since i got my PSP.....i once had a 1.5, but i dont really use much homebrew, but i do regret updating and my friend updated to 2.6 once thinking i would like it anyway, got 2.8 now....

Yeah im moving from Birmingham to California, so your telling me existing online games Such as SOCOM will work on the US servers rather than the UK Servers?

it works.

Thread Information