Thread: Hi, I'm new, but I have a request for map this

DCEmu Newbie

Default Hi, I'm new, but I have a request for map this

Hi guys, I'm BigBCC, or Bryant, whichever you prefer to call me.

I was wondering that since my computer likes to act up a lot and I do not know much about the map this software, I was wondering if someone could make everything I need for maps for Alabama and Tennessee since I live in Alabama and have relatives in Tennessee. A map for Georgia would be nice too, but is not needed.

I'll be getting a GPS receiver sometime this summer, and I already have a PSP running 5.00 M33-6. Thanks to my friend breaking the screen in his 2.71 I was able to get back into the PSP scene by downgrading via HEN for 2.80 down to 1.50 :P I've had 2 other PSP's both were hacked, 1st was bricked before Pandora and 2nd got completely screwed up by 4 year old brother at the time. all PSP-1000s :P

Also, space is not a huge issue for me, I have an 8gb memstick with about 1.20gb taken up with music, then I have another 8gb and a 2gb So I'd like a hybrid map with streets, names, and everything if possible. if it starts getting too big just try getting me Alabama and Tennessee (from Huntsville, AL up to Nashville, TN should be fine)

Sorry for all the typing and for such a huge request as my first post. Hopefully someone can help me and everything.

~BigBCC

DCEmu Newbie

It's not legal to redistribute map...

You should be able to make your own map using this information :

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Global_Map_Download_Tool

It was in a sticky

DCEmu Newbie

In all honesty, hacking or owning a hacked PSP is in violation of the law as well, but that's neither here nor there, I think I've got the map right and it's downloading.

Next thing, how can I get it to play music while in the app, I know some other apps may work side by side with it, but so far ir shell hasn't and the music.prx hasn't either. any help with this would be highly appriciated since I was planning on having my PSP as my music device as well since I have an aux input and a mount for my PSP
    Last edited by BigBCC; April 14th, 2010 at 04:05. Reason: put expected instead of appriciated fixed now.

DCEmu Newbie

andreg, why is not legal redistribute maps if it is for free and for personal use only?

DCEmu Newbie

I don't really know actually.

I've read some time ago we couldn't create pre-packaged map and distribute them.

It's something related to the term of services of google maps (and other mapping website).

Using GMDL isn't that hard anyway, if you follow the Wiki you shouldn't have any problem.

I'm sorry I can't really help you more, I've switched to an Ipod Touch with a blue tooth GPS dongle, my PSP is sitting in dust right now :S

Thread Information