Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Single Game Arcade Emu Updated

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Single Game Arcade Emu Updated

The port of the awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game was updated today, heres whats new:[br][br] Here is the update 2 player version. I have made it so you can select each of the turtles, so play as your fav turtle now! 10 fps faster, perfect screen postion, not cut off. You can go back to the menu as well. [br][br]Thanks to Ian Michael for the release.[br][br]Download from Here

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Single Game Arcad

This is pretty sweet.

No word on whether he updated the source from which he was making this, is there? In other words, whether it's still based on 0.36 MAME source, or whether he updated to 0.72 or whatever the latest port of MAME source was?
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Single Game Arcad

[quote author=curt_grymala link=board=dcemu;num=1091909327;start=0#1 date=08/08/04 at 08:36:34]This is pretty sweet.

No word on whether he updated the source from which he was making this, is there? In other words, whether it's still based on 0.36 MAME source, or whether he updated to 0.72 or whatever the latest port of MAME source was?[/quote]I just requested the source for this version - so I can confirm it's still using the 0.36 sourcecode. Ian Michael stated that this is because the older source loads 8MB Romsets, whereas the newer source does not. The newer source could be condensed to take up less memory on startup - there are changes in the TMNT driver since 0.36, but it would take a good bit of work, for relatively little gain.

The biggest thing about the 0.36 source compared to the newer source, is of course the changes in romsets. However, his source for the TMNT single MAME build is now on the site - you need to grab the IMRMame source, then the source differences, then it should compile - if you want to change the romsets of the older MAME romset to match the newer romset.

Thread Information