The ScummVM Team have released a new version of ScummVM for many consoles such as Wii,PSP, Gamecube, GP2x, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Iphone and Playstation 2.
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky and Broken Sword I & II; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.
Only four weeks since our last release and already ScummVM 1.1.1 is available on our downloads page.
This release concentrates primarily on fixing bugs, bugs, and even more bugs. As such, we strongly recommend all and every ScummVM user to update to this latest and greatest version. In particular, just as promised we fixed the issues affecting Nippon Safes Inc and Pajama Sam 1 in 1.1.0.
or a more comprehensive changelog for the latest experimental SVN code, see:
- Added Nintendo 64 Port. (Actually added in 1.1.0, but forgot to mention it. oops)
- Fixed several minor bugs here and there.
- Fixed regression that caused some texts to always be in English, even when
using another language. (#2970211 - DRASCULA: missing german translation)
- Fixed a bug which caused the DOS versions to crash before the credits when
AdLib music is selected.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Corrected problems in the handling of followers when blocked from performing
actions by closed doors between rooms.
- Solved issues with Goewin not always correctly following the player out of the caves
- Fix video playback regression in Discworld 2.
- Fix several crashes and other regressions in Nippon Safes, including
bugs 2969211, 2969232, 2969234, 2969257, 2970141.
Wii/GameCube port: (Also forgot to mention in 1.1.0)
- Added support for games using 16bit graphics.
- Complete GFX overhaul (new video modes, better performance,
picture smoothing, fine grained overscan settings).
- Added a new options dialog for Wii/Gamecube specific settings.
- Fixed a GFX glitch on savegame thumbnails.
- Added support for SMB mountpoints (Samba/Windows shares).
- Added an on-screen console, which is shown when ScummVM exits abnormally.
- Fixed a couple of crashes when using Ogg/Vorbis encoded sound files.
See the bundled READMII.txt file for more information.
PSP port: (Also forgot to mention in 1.1.0)
- Added plugin support which allows the PSP Phat to run every game.
- Added a new virtual keyboard optimized for rapid D-Pad input.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)