Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: In need of 1.50fw UMD exploit **Nice Reward**

I partially bricked my friends PSP. The thread is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32229

I promised her if I couldn't get it to luanch multiple homebrews (as oppoesed to one at a time by setting them in config) & play her newer umd's that I would replace it. I finally just used IRSHELL as what booted by holding "x" on boot. And 2.71 fw loads on boot (w/ wlan down) So my problem was much simpler than yours. Can you still "auto boot" by setting something to do so in the cfw config? If so just set that to boot IRSHELL like I did. If not maybe you should try to email HarleyG himself & see what he has to offer. You can reach HarleyG here:

http://psp.nixlabs.net/

I'll keep checking this thread, to try to help bro. I know your situation sucks. Good luck.

unfortunately this partial bricking happened a quite long time before the custom firmwares

DCEmu Regular

He didnt have custom firmware because it wasent out when he bricked his psp

Yes, like tallica said...and to think the week after I bricked it...guess what?...Devhook and the custom firmwares were released...Oh, the agony.

sorry i took so long to get on this thread but i just found it.
    anyway sorry to hear you still havnt had any luck with this. i have a few days worth of spare time - im gonna try and experiment with some stuff. i have a few ideas. r u able to play umd videos? and if so can you use the on screen controls? (does the text show up?).

im also wondering if we can do something like this:

rig wipeout to load a webpage (doable easily) then inside that use an image exploit to load the standard eloader or an old version of fileassistant or something and of course from there load homebrew or flash the orig file.

this is a new idea just of the top of my head but in the meantime im gonna try some stuff with the savegames. if this idea works let us know - theres many people that could benefit from something like this. good luck.

DCEmu Regular

If only there was a way to get GTA to work on 1.5, i tryd to get it to work for hours but couldnt find a way for someone with a bricked psp to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Anger
    r u able to play umd videos? and if so can you use the on screen controls? (does the text show up?).
    No, I can't...but UMD games that are 1.50fw or lower run like a charm...and yes I can save succesfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger
    rig wipeout to load a webpage (doable easily) then inside that use an image exploit to load the standard eloader or an old version of fileassistant or something and of course from there load homebrew or flash the orig file.
    I've thought about this, but even though I don't know a thing about how it would work...it does sound even more complicated than simply coding a game save loader, a la GTA homebrew loader.

Thanks for your great ideas

Exclamation

there is a new program coming out for 2.0+ so i would just wait it should be out in about a week it allows you to emulate 1.5 if this is wrong i am dom

how does that help anyone

please read the thread, before posting jasonc!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonc
    there is a new program coming out for 2.0+ so i would just wait it should be out in about a week it allows you to emulate 1.5 if this is wrong i am dom
    he's got a partial bricked 1.5 psp how is he gunna use anything for a 2.0+

Thread Information