Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Issue Cease and Desist Order For Devhook

sorry for sounding like a complete noob. but what is an ISO? a game ripped to play off memory stick or something?

DCEmu Newbie

First of all, there is no legal difference between the UMD-only version and the original version. Please stop acting all high and mighty and that if the UMD-only version was the only version, Sony wouldn't be doing this. Helllooooo?!?!?! Does anyone remember the GTA loader, which didn't allow kernal access in any way? They patched that up as soon as they could, proving that they're attacking ALL homebrew regardless of its function.

Secondly, this just sucks. There's not much more that can be said about this. Perhaps someone from a bit "shadier" country would be willing to host it and "develop" it. Then Sony would be powerless other than writing cease and desist letters that have no authority.

DCEmu Pro

A ISO is not supposed to be spoken about on this website however I can tell you it is a image that the PSP can read, this image holds all the data of a PSP game such as the graphics, music etc...

Also this is to Sumo X...

...I will host Devhook, big deal if sony send me threatening letters, I will laugh at them then frame them and put them on my bedroom wall with pride. They can't do nothing.

**** sony there never gonna stop me using devhook

Sony has also requested pspsoftware.ddo.jp to notify them when Booster is online. (So they want to talk, ehhh?…) that is what it said over at www.psp-hacks.com

are sony trying to destroy themselves? dont those morons realise for people like me devhook is the only option to be able to use the psp at its best and still be able to play the latest games? i understand if they go after the iso version of devhook BUT ITS NOT. THERE GOING AFTER THE GOD DAMN LEGAL VERSION because it uses 'sony copyrite code' (reboot.bin) if devhook gets stopped then ill have no choice but to either update (and lose the ability to play all my great homebrew - yeah like thats gonna happen) or use the illegal isos (becuase they can be hacked so they run on 1.5 firmware) there being so stupid about this but bearing in mind the ps3 price fiasco this doesnt actually surprise me in the least. i think its time to wave goodbye to sony. theyll realise when there profits go into negative margins that what they did is wrong but they wont be able to do anything about it. it may not destroy the company but it will do some damage. im not saying devhook is the best thing since sliced bread but its the ONLY alternative for those who use our right to NOT update and still want to play the latest games, which WE PAY FOR.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15
    Sony has also requested pspsoftware.ddo.jp to notify them when Booster is online. (So they want to talk, ehhh?…) that is what it said over at www.psp-hacks.com
    haha yeh I bet sony want Booster to work with them on one of them high salaries, lets just hope Booster tells them to F*** off...

You really think booster will go online after this now lol he'll just change his name to boosty or something...SORTED

why did sony have no security against unsigned code on 1.00 thats a huge mistake, i cant believe it was an accident

well this sucks man o well i dont use the iso version of devhook anyway becuz its not for me and i hope this means devhook is not dead that would be awful i h8 sony those money hungry bast***s lol

DCEmu Newbie

it is legal because it doesnt run ISOs but we will have to see

I dont see how thats true in any way, dev hoook is dev hook no matter what dogma people stick to it.

i h8 sony those money hungry bast***s lol
    The psp's a proprity system, they are well within there rights to stop s$#@! (hehe everyone's tarr'd with the same brush) running illegal software on it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information