Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MS Employees Debate Mod Chips

Blog Entries

psp MS Employees Debate Mod Chips

Via Slashdot

a post on Xbox strategy group member Andre Vrignaud's blog discusses the view of mod chips from inside Microsoft. Not surprisingly, he concludes that they're a barrier to a viable business model. Just the same, the post has some good consideration of the issue from both sides. Especially interesting is his comment that
    "a friend of mine at Microsoft once demonstrated a modded PSP to Bill Gates and showed off all of the interesting things that enabled. According to my friend Bill was intrigued and asked the audience what we might be able to do to encourage this sort of thing without damaging the business."
    Even if it's a sticky wicket, at least they're thinking along the right lines.

Very interesting wouldnt you say

Bill's as much a geek as the rest of us. His geek instincts temporarily overcame his business sense. He'll downplay the quote, then go on to speak against modding in general later.

I'm sure he thought a linux was kind of cool until it started eating away at his server software profits.

i hate bill gates, and microsoft as much as the next guy, but bill is the the smarter of all these game companys. and will be above the curve and start the trend. as microsoft has time after time. we know he is at least smarter than sony. thats easy to do.

I bet one of my psps that he wasnt shown a modded psp at all, but probably ust a standard 1.5 running homebrew.
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

Awesome! That guy turned Bill Gates on to PSP Homebrew. Now Gates probably has a tricked out PSP to the MAX with DevHook, 4gb memory stick, you name it.

I see a user mode (so no ISO loaders can be made or "back-up" copies being able to run) homebrew compatible Xbox 360 or a firmware update for current 360's in Microsofts future.

DCEmu Newbie

My first post! sweet... anyway, to LC killer, you shouldn't be too quick to dis sony. if it weren't for sony, microsoft probably wouldn't even have a console, let alone 2. before playstation, microsoft wasn't even interested in consoles.

welcome to the community, hopfully you make our little corner of the net home like we have. now to my rant...but for how much money i have spent on sony products, i get disrepect, and no help from suport when i have called. sony cares nothing about you. but only the all mighty dollar.

DCEmu Newbie

thnx 4 tha welcome. i've actually been on the homebrew scene for a while, i jus didn't feel like posting before. anyway u have a good point. they don't care about us, i could care less about them. as long as they keep putting out products that i enjoy, im gonna keep spending the almighty dollar. thaz the way of the world isnt it? u offer me something i like, i offer u something u like.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcalibur
    u offer me something i like, i offer u something u like.

this is intresting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information