Thread: Ubisoft reveals seven Wii launch titles, including Far Cry

Blog Entries

Rev Ubisoft reveals seven Wii launch titles, including Far Cry

Yesterday Ubisoft announced it would be bringing seven titles for the Nintendo Wii. Today the company revealed seven of those games, and promised to have all of those available within the console's launch window.

Including the already-announced Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids, Ubisoft is giving Wii fans five more games:
    Far Cry
    Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, a military dog fight sim
    Monster 4x4 World Circuit, a truck racer
    Open Season, an adventure game based on the upcoming CG film by Sony Pictures Animation
    GT Pro Series, a new racing IP
    Seven titles for a launch window, especially the ever-popular Far Cry, is an impressive number for any developer -- even more so for a third-party developer on a Nintendo console. Ubisoft has also noted that it has many more titles in development for the Wii. Are Nintendo's third-party woes coming to an end?

IGN is also running an interview with Ubisoft's North American president Laurent Detoc who says, "We made a bet by starting development for the Wii earlier than others and we intend to maintain our advance on the platform. You can see it as a double-down move. We don't have a crystal ball but we think the Wii is going to be a huge success right away and we want to be the number-one independent publisher for Wii in 2006." Hear that EA? You've got some catching up to do.

hmmm.. I'm happy

DCEmu Rookie

Far Cry on Wii should be interesting, im betting they incorporate a similar control system to what they've developed for redsteel. pretty safe bet no?

Thats really good news. Makes you think Wii could seriously be a big hit.. well I hope so anyway. Nice to see developers have faith.

Another good title to the Wii's library.

yay. i love Far Cry I'm very happy right now....

Thread Information