Thread: VIDEO: XCM Component Video Splitter included with Vbox2 Advanced thanks to our review

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Home/News VIDEO: XCM Component Video Splitter included with Vbox2 Advanced thanks to our review

Our reviews aren't only to help gamers/consumers know more about the product before they buy, as we are your eyes. But at the same time, we're here to help manufacturers improve their products.

A prime example is our latest review on the XCM USB Vbox2 Advanced. The Vbox2 Advanced didnt come with much except for manual, box and Vbox2 Advanced adapter. In order for us to play on a bigger screen without straining our eyes and still be able to record, we had to purchase a RGB component cable and RGB component video splitter (approximately $12USD including shipping). After reading our review and how useful this setup was, XCM has decided to make their own component video splitter. Not only are they making their own, but they are also including it into all future Vbox2 Advanced purchases!

Before purchasing, I would contact online retailers to see if the component video splitter is included with the Vbox2 Advanced.

Unfortunately, I don't know when this package will be available but I would assume immediately. I did ask XCM about those who have already purchased the Vbox2 Advanced. I suggest you contact the online retailer you purchased from and see if you can work something out for the XCM Component Video Splitter but it may require you to pay additional shipping. If nothing can be worked out or if you are only interested in the component video splitter in general for other video uses, you may be able to purchase this separately. Retail price is about $6USD according to XCM. Again, you will need to contact online retailers to see if they carry this.

If we find links or more information about the Component Video Splitter, we'll post it first thing!

Here is a video of the XCM Component Video Splitter in action with the Vbox2 Advanced:

This setup is a lot easier than what I had purchased but it does look a little bulky. But for $6USD (final price undetermined), I'll suffer with the bulk and save me some money.
    Last edited by bandit; June 15th, 2010 at 14:27.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Thread Information