Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Links 2.1-pre23 Homebrew PSP Web Browser

Blog Entries

psp Links 2.1-pre23 Homebrew PSP Web Browser

New release of the Homebrew Web Browser for the PSP by RAF

Heres whats new:

NEW FEATURES
    (raf) Cookie save/restore patch from cvs.pld.org.pl/SOURCES/links2-cookies-save.patch?rev=1.2 applied.
    (raf) Merged to 2.1pre23 See Changelog.orig
    (raf) Made psp_bb_to_fb_factor a configurable parameter in links.cfg (default=1, set to 2 to enable zoom mode)
    (raf) Also changed default font to 12 from 24. (Change to 24 in html.cfg if want to use zoom mode)
    BUG FIXES
    (raf) Reverted UP/DOWN behavior (user requested). (R+UP/DOWN still does page up/down, though).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Nice to see an update but is there a need for this ap now with FW 2.71 emulation available to 1.5 owners ?.

Great work,the 2.71 browser is a little slow compared to links,actually alot slow.I have also noticed when downloading something wtih the sony browser the data becomes corrupt,I've never had a problem with any downloads on links.Plus I just like the keyboard interface better its much faster.The only thing that has ever bugged me about links is for some reason I can't log in here at dcemu

I agree with everything you said ^^. Sometimes I go to websites on Links and on my computer and my PSP is faster.

title says links pre23 but download says pre22.. is that right?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter
    Great work,the 2.71 browser is a little slow compared to links,actually alot slow.I have also noticed when downloading something wtih the sony browser the data becomes corrupt,I've never had a problem with any downloads on links.Plus I just like the keyboard interface better its much faster.The only thing that has ever bugged me about links is for some reason I can't log in here at dcemu
    Wow. The opposite is true for me. In links, it would take about 12 min. to DL a 9-10 MB file. In the sony browser the same file would DL in about 30 sec. A

Also, links tends to crash alot. But when the sony browser runs out of memory it just stops, not crashes.

But you are completely and utterly correct about the keyboard interface. The sony browser's keyboard takes forever! The same text would take me half the time to write in links. I think Sony should definitely do an overhaul on it's keyboard.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

So the conclusion is use both .One for browsing and one for downloading lol and yes $ony's keyboard interface is utter crap if u read this post plz take note .

yeah dis program is BIG (very very good!!!) big up 2 u man bless up still $t@y Bl@Q people......jah

Quote Originally Posted by Yungblaqs
    yeah dis program is BIG (very very good!!!) big up 2 u man bless up still $t@y Bl@Q people......jah
    ???????????????????????????????????????

Anyway, nice to see another release. Sure we can use the Sony browswer with DevHook, but this is true homebrew and a worthy project.

Great work on this!

DCEmu Newbie

i agree with all u people about sony browser slow displaying pages and links fast but the file downloads are slower , i got like 80 kb /s with links ,didnt try sonys ,another thing is when u go to google video the sony browser doesnt show anything , links2 is one step from letting u download avc google videos , i wish it worked really that would be cool youtube and google video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information