Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Sticky Right Shoulder Button Problem

DCEmu Regular

but im here to talk about the problem with the sticky right shoulder button
    My right trigger works just as well as my left
    my right button does seems to be slightly stiffer than its left counterpart
    I knew somebody who also had a problem with the analog stick getting stuck in the up position
    ... o_o Taken out of context, this is indeed one of the most disturbing threads I have ever read.

On topic, I've never had a problem with it being any different from the L button. I've tried two different PSPs and haven't noticed an issue, but I find the L and R buttons to just be not terribly responsive in general as a matter of design (especially when playing action games).

I have an original batch PSP purchased on launch day in the U.S. So far, my shoulder buttons have had no problem. Even when playing Loco Roco which requires constant use of the shoulder buttons.

In general, the shoulder buttons feel a little clunky due to design but no sticking for me.

On the intial batch of PSP's it was said that there were problems with the square button due to its design being slightly different because of it being right next to the screen.

But even that has not been a problem yet. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe some PSP's were just built better than others.

Either way, I think the fact will always remain that for such a sleek and powerful portable device, it could have been built a little better. What is totally unacceptable is the high amount of people who received PSP's with "stuck" or "dead" pixels.

I think my PSP might have 1 off pixel on the top right corner of the screen. Only noticable when there is a blank or black screen. As soon as any luminous or colors show, the pixel seems fine or is not noticable.

I've had my PSP since last Christmas.. and dont find any problems with either shoulder buttons. And I play my PSP every day. Seems worrying though if people are getting this problem.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

the more you use it the less sticky it will be.. the more abuse it gets the more likely you will eventually have to have it maintenenced. or replaced! doh!

i had a brand new psp in my hands a couple weeks ago and couldnt believe how much more solid it felt, compared to my daily pounded psp that ive had since dec 05. what a diff!!

sooner or later, i think a new psp is inevitable for those who really use it alot!!

same thing with me... but it doesnt really bug me. i press it and it feels soo muc more different from my left button but as long as it pops back up when i need it, it all good

One of my PSPs have a problem with the R button, but it's that when you press it, it's like GameCube's, it doesn't do the 'click' with little pressure, I need to press it and after it's down obout 2mm it does the 'click'.

I hate my square button. I can live with it but it is so annoying when I have to repeatedly tap it for some games and it doesn't seem like I'm getting the job done.

Do you eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly with your right hand?

DCEmu Newbie

oOn my original UK black psp, the right shoulder button felt alot more spongy, but on my new jap ceramic, the right clicks alot more than the left.

Guess we better start stocking up on replacement parts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information