Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Sticky Right Shoulder Button Problem

Blog Entries

psp The Sticky Right Shoulder Button Problem

Im sure you have all heard about the DS Lite Case Cracking problems but im here to talk about the problem with the sticky right shoulder button on the PSP.

Ive had my 2 PSPs for near on 18 months now (might be longer) but they dont get much usage as im always doing webwork or playing on other consoles.

But when i do play with them the Right Shoulder button is becoming a real pain with sticking, so much that on some games it renders the game unplayable, i did some ivestigation and found the same button on my homebrew PSP did the same and infact it was worse.

Is this just a problem for me or is the stickyness of the Right Shoulder button a serious problem.

Answers and Feedback Via Comments

My right trigger works just as well as my left....

...From casual tapping of the right shoulder button, my right button does seems to be slightly stiffer than its left counterpart

DCEmu Newbie

never had a problem with it, even playing loco roco

DCEmu Regular

I don't have any problems with it.

I had a similar problem on my first psp.After cracking the lcd and taking it back I haven't had this problem.This is my 4th psp, extended warranties rock!

i know two people who had the same problem. one fixed it by mashing on it alot. but i keeps coming back. and i belive my other friend had it fixed. the only poblem i had was the analog stick unit. i had to void my psp to fix it.

I knew somebody who also had a problem with the analog stick getting stuck in the up position after getting a larger analog stick attachment.They were able to pop it back in place somehow though.

DCEmu Newbie

my triggers work ok but i don't like the way my start button feels. my first PSP you could feel a click when you pushed it just like the other buttons but on my second the button doesn't feel like it moves at all when i push it

I have that problem with sticking shoulder buttons but mine is with the left shoulder button. It's incredibly annoying and it is a major problem when I play online. In SOCOM for example, I'll hold L so I can strafe . . . then when I let go of L in order to turn, I'll continue to strafe. It leads to a lot of suicides with grenades and dying from being unable to turn and shoot at my attacker.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information